What is Ranked
Ranked is an opportunity to play games that people take #seriously. There will be extra stats measured and games will always be open in a certain range of balanced (50/50 to 60/40 mafia favored). The results and stats measured from these games will be displayed on their own on forthcoming Player Stats Pages. Top performers for certain metrics will get some recognition.
We will still endeavor to keep track of as many stats as we can from every game that’s played on site - we just think it’s poor practice to mix and match stats from a variety of formats and game types. Ranked will provide a level of consistency in both setup and attitude.
What stats will you keep track of?
The preliminary set of things we’ll keep track of (all things that are applicable will have an overall stat and one per-alignment):
- Manner of death
- Time of death relative to the length of the game
- End of day result when alive (how often each alignment is lynched at the end of the day while you are alive relative to random). This does not take into account who you are voting - only the alignment of the lynched player
- Power role effectiveness when applicable
- Read accuracy
We may also keep track of more things like posts per day and things of that ilk. We hope these stats will paint a more complete of a player’s skill set than a pure win/loss ratio.
How will you measure read accuracy?
Every night in a ranked games, all town players submit the following:
- They order the remaining living players from scummiest to towniest in the form
1. Name, 2. Name, ...where lower numbers are scummier.
We will use these to compute a good approximation for how much better or worse a player’s reads are than random.
We recommend that scum players also prepare similar lists at night in order to successfully fake being town.
Behavior in ranked games
We ask that players take the game seriously and choose the lines they think will most likely to lead to a win. If you intend on lurking or not reading large chunks of the game ranked may not be for you! Furthermore we ask players that they keep games civil.