Stormy Seas (NSIMI Game A)

So out of the remaining 5 players you could have chosen from, why did you choose M2H? What makes them a better vote than me, Doggo, Elli, UFO, and Fatmo?

You appear to be deliberately ignoring what I’ve already told you. Why are you still asking me why I’m not voting Elli or Doggo when I’ve told you twice? Why are you assuming anything has changed since the reads I gave you last night?

Because I am starving for there to be any sort of discussion at all in this thread. And because that’s not really what I am asking you. I will rephrase my question: Why have you singled out M2H as the recipient of your vote right now? What compels you to read him as scum, or all the rest as town? What has M2H done in this game specifically to warrant a vote?

It’s not really about what M2H has done. Elli and Doggo are off the table because I’m trusting Chess, which means trusting Elli. Chess and I actually also both agree Fatmo is town. I felt a townread on him to begin with, and Chess said post #19 in particular struck him as very townie.

So my pool is you, UFO, and M2H. UFO is playing in a way I see as very genuine for him, which for me merits him a townread. You at least are generating discussion and I have thought so far that it seemed town-positive. That leaves me with M2H, who hasn’t done anything that’s made me think “town” and therefore is at the bottom of my list.

Right now I’m starting to wonder about you though, because this doesn’t seem productive. I don’t know what further information you’re expecting from me – I was very straightforward about why I was voting. You’re looking for a deeper “Why?” that doesn’t exist. You’re saying you want discussion, but I have nothing more to give you here that’s going to be meaningful. So this could be a version of scum busywork – looking like you’re doing work when it isn’t actually serving a purpose.

POE is good and I appreciate its application here. The next step should be finding a definitive reason to cal M2H scum. I say that for my own sake as much as yours: this thread is very stagnant right now. We have had almost zero genuine accusations being made in here. It’s agonizing, Kimberly Possible. I propose we go and ISO M2H and see what we can find.

I would gladly let this thread stay idle if I was bad. And I think this paragraph is rendered moot by the above explication: you did provide information which satisfies me. Even if a lot of it is being restated, I like to have things fresh and immediately available. I do my best work in direct interactions like this one. I now know how you are feeling at this exact moment. Hooray.

M2H entered with posts 36-38, which are just an out-of-game refutation of Doggo’s entrance. There is an avenue for M2H to engage with the game here (they could provoke Doggo or produce a read on him here, for instance), but M2H does not take it and their focus is on things outside of this game. I don’t know M2H so I do not know what standard to hold them to, but in a vacuum I don’t love this entrance. I don’t feel strongly about it one way or the other, though.

This is their self-analysis. I like to ask these sorts of questions to folks who are new to me because A) it opens the door for further conversation, and B) it allows us all to scan over their posts later on and see if they’ve lived up to their own billing. I’ll assess whether or not M2H has done that later on in this post.

For now I’ll note the same objection I noted earlier: this self-analysis excuses low-level activity from M2H in all respects. They’ve downplayed their ability to produce accurate reads (always nonsense), thereby excusing themself from producing significant reads later on. I once again cannot say that I know what standard to hold M2H to, but this is twice that I have not loved their content.

I do not follow this logic. @M2H why would scum Doggo not advocate for your lynch? If you are town in a small game like this, it would be an easy approach for Mafia Doggo to take, would it not?

M2H would later add town reads on Elli and I.

Their reads have not progressed ~24 hours later.

This is progression. I’ll check the timing of this post after I’m done with the ISO to see if it came before or after my vote for UFO.

This is their most recent post. It does not contain much.

I do not see many reads being thrown around, but M2H pledged to play conservatively (which is bogus anyway), and the reads that do exist all maintain the status quo. I do not see much direction or activity in these posts.

@M2H get in here and talk about the general direction of your thoughts with regards to this game when you can. We’ve got a small roster here, so everyone’s voice is critical.

My UFO vote came in post #333. I stated my case in #347. M2H stated that “ufo’s reads post seemed forced” in #357.

Is there a way to immediately jump to the top or bottom of a page without having to scroll? Particularly on mobil.

If you hit the blue bar with the post number on it, it turns into a scroll bar that’ll let you jump to posts faster, including the top or bottom. To jump to the top you can tap the header with the topic title in it and that’ll jump you up to the OP.

1 Like

@Duskfall98

Yup! :smiley: Even more important here since things should be staggered.

@Mantis i know you pinged me but I’m half asleep and will look later.

@Mantis, oh
100% sure tn would be in this game if he were scum for a variety of reasons.

@nutella

[color=red]red[/color] [color=green]green[/color] becomes red green

@Mantis

A personal favor - put nutella at L-1?

@Mantis a personal favor: don’t.

@Mantis there won’t be a quick hammer, noone around to do it.
You can unvote after 30 minutes.

yo, just chiming in to say I’m caught up with this thread, going to take a look at the other one now.

HMMMM

oh ffs @Nanook

1 Like

the other thread is really long, still about 250 posts behind

Ugh wtf why do people quick hammer.

Ok Eli, that thread is done for the day. Can you please try to give at least the same amount of input you had on the other game on this one?

Like this is kinda ridiculous at this point. You influenced that game to quick hammer someone I don’t even remember you laying down a scumread on. Did you lay out a scum Nutella read here?

And like, that game was kind of useful for reading this game. Like I townread JJJ pretty hard there, and was liking that he was keeping tabs on Sloo and why he continued to read him as town. And lots of people in that game were saying how good chess is at making reads when he’s town, and lots of them think he’s town. And more importantly for me personally, Kim thinks he’s town, and I’m townreading Kim pretty hard. I wanted at least their reads because we’re not getting much from you.

And again, you keep saying there’s like a 100% chance you get NKd here if you survive today. Like for Pete’s sake, if you have an 80% success rate making reads, help us out in the game you’re actually in.