Stormy Seas (NSIMI Game A)

Okay that’s not really a broad we. I’d say that’s what the people you have more of an approach disagreement with value.

What do you think is optimal?

for town in a vacuum? I try to play like how a computer with access to as much data as possible would approach the game.

when considering both alignments I’m still considering what to optimize because I don’t think its winrate.

What sort of information do your processors prioritize?

words/phrases, post times, relative posts dates, votes, vote times, that sort of thing.
When I had more time I would go through and classify interactions on a spreadsheet but don’t have that luxury anymore.

I think I made this analogy earlier but if it helps understand I think it’s likely a lot of people would have a higher success rate in video mafia if they played with audio all but muted (only getting claim knowledge).

But yeah, my snarky comment to there isn’t a calculator is that we’re building a UX/calculator into the site that will let everyone process those things for data sets they have/we have. :slight_smile:

On the Syndicate we usually play without role claims at all.

because you think its more fun, because you think it leads to higher winrates, or it’s a rule to not have them?

A lot of this meshes with what I do. But I believe fully in putting things on the table to be turned over and discussed, which seems to be a major point of disagreement.

It’s a rule. Not all the time, but it’s a common mechanic, bordering on default. I enjoy the part of the game that strictly relies on player-content analysis the most. My favorite role is vanilla town.

So I guess it’s a rule because some of us think it’s more fun. But the site has expanded a lot in recent years and is open to incorporating all sorts of new things.

mine too! (r.e. favorite role)

think would be interesting to play without claims but people would have to be into the spirit of it. My “research” interest mafia-wise nowadays is how to make a scoring system that supports what I think is intuitively true but that’s a story for another castle.

Yeah I had a few years of experimenting either way and I decided honest discussion tends to lower results (again, treating alignments in a vacuum). I promise I didn’t reach my current conclusions without seriously trying the alternatives for a few years.

I also think percentages play a vitally important role since most things you measure with the list of stuff you can reduce to data isn’t going to be 100% or not and reads are more or less only reads if you compare them to random so there’s already a sense of what the baseline is.

My brain does not operate on mathematical system. Seeking to calculate the most likely outcome of a game isn’t going to work for me, and I also don’t think I’d have fun doing that.

That is not to say I don’t think it can be an effective approach for others. I believe there are many ways to arrive at the correct results. My approach thrives on open communication.

Votecount as of post #434

Ellibereth (1): UFOFever
UFO Fever (1): Sloonei

Not Voting (5): DoggoPlays, Fatmo, Ellibereth, M2H, kimpossible

Ftr, this is Fatmo. He starts to shine D2 once he has stuff to work with from D1.

1 Like

One last thing I’ll say about the Ellibereth play style here: I don’t think it works if literally everyone actually plays like Elli does, because then what data does the Elli Computer have to work with?

Anyway. I’m going to vote VOTE: M2H for now because I’m going to trust Chess on listening to Elli until I have a reason not to, and everyone else seems townie to me.

Clarification: trust Chess that I should listen to Elli, which means not voting Elli or Doggo.

Btw: where I play, editing posts is absolutely verboten because we don’t have a way to see the history of what was changed. I did notice here that Elli edited a post. I take it that’s fair play on this site? My default behavior is to just post a correction.

Edits for grammar and typos and to fix broken tags are allowed, don’t edit for content.

In theory if everyone is playing optimally the game is equivalent to random yeah? Luckily for us most people don’t play optimally so it’s more so about exploiting suboptimal lines while being minimally exploitable.