Stormy Seas (NSIMI Game A)

oh ffs @Nanook

1 Like

the other thread is really long, still about 250 posts behind

Ugh wtf why do people quick hammer.

Ok Eli, that thread is done for the day. Can you please try to give at least the same amount of input you had on the other game on this one?

Like this is kinda ridiculous at this point. You influenced that game to quick hammer someone I donā€™t even remember you laying down a scumread on. Did you lay out a scum Nutella read here?

And like, that game was kind of useful for reading this game. Like I townread JJJ pretty hard there, and was liking that he was keeping tabs on Sloo and why he continued to read him as town. And lots of people in that game were saying how good chess is at making reads when heā€™s town, and lots of them think heā€™s town. And more importantly for me personally, Kim thinks heā€™s town, and Iā€™m townreading Kim pretty hard. I wanted at least their reads because weā€™re not getting much from you.

And again, you keep saying thereā€™s like a 100% chance you get NKd here if you survive today. Like for Peteā€™s sake, if you have an 80% success rate making reads, help us out in the game youā€™re actually in.

1. I donā€™t view the games as distinct.
  2. When I have sufficiently high confidence on things here Iā€™ll share them? I outlined what I did earlier in my convo with sloonei and I canā€™t magically just ā€œtry harderā€ to get a read vs. doing research (which I started doing).

And I know its frustrating for you guys who donā€™t believe in it but we obviously do have a culture clash where some of us think ending day early is optimal while a lot of you guys donā€™t. Itā€™s not a personal or even close to it, I (and some others) just do think its better a lot of the time.

Good to know. Do you have anything to say about this thread?

also i obviously thought the flip would happen immediately, didnā€™t expect it to be held until weā€™re done.

still about 100 posts from being caught up with thread B

Catchup is overrated even when youā€™re reading a game you are playing. Catching up on a threas youā€™re not playing in is a big loud fart.

I disagree with the mindset that weā€™re not playing in the other game.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry if this is just a stylistic conflict here, but can you not understand that, as someone new coming in here, I find your influencing that thread to do something dumb while mostly reading that thread instead of this one concerning?

Like Iā€™m trying to get you, but the explanation so far seems to be youā€™re basically some kind of wizard medium that things just come to once you do research and you canā€™t control who you happen to get a read on.

UFO said you very quickly and correctly townread him in the first game you played. How did you do so?

I said thread, not game. Sure the games are interlinked, but we all occupy this thread, not that one. Our primary focus should be on solving each other.

I understand why you find it concerning but not sure how to rectify given that what you think is dumb is what I think is correct.

Eh, itā€™s not out of control but itā€™s more a function of how much external work I want to put in, especially for new faces.

I put in some fairly significant work reviewing his games on playdip back then, donā€™t have that luxury right now

Yeah I disagree with this sorry. :confused:
Not trying to be intentionally difficult ā€¦ just uh, we seem to have polarizing thoughts on how to approach a lot of this haha.

@Ellibereth I continue to respect and appreciate your voice and an working through the obvious cultural differences in our playstyles.

With that in mind, the one point about your play that I would like you to address is your self-presentation for other players, particularly those of us who have not played with you before. Your approach makes it incredibly difficult for us to attempt read you. I donā€™t say this critically, Iā€™m just observing it. I would lie to know what you have to say to this point.

That is all moot now. This is the only active thread remaining.

k Iā€™m caught up with the other thread

first thing I need to say is this:

This is by design. Probably directly related to earlier when doggo and I disagree with kim about townā€™s goal being to project town.

Itā€™s not though! If anything we should be provided the other topic with our input too still so they have additional resources to use for night actions.

Ok, maybe it wasnā€™t fair to call you asking them to quick hammer ā€œdumbā€ necessarily. I donā€™t know the history of culture here. But Iā€™m used to playing somewhere that doesnā€™t have hammers.

I also observed some MU champs games this last season, and saw a bunch of quick hammers there. I almost never thought they were a good idea at the time, they gave people less of a chance to solve and respond, and that were usually mislynches.

So yea, in my mind and my admittedly limited experience, I find quick hammers dumb.