Triple Tickle Game Thread (Day 4)

Nice, so now I can stop being paranoid about Andres! Considering Spak’s play last day, I’m very prone to think executing Martin is the way to go here. See my post:

So Martin, do you have something to say for your defense?

I thought the post he was responding to was made D2, though. I agree that his D1 activity wasn’t great, but I feel like unless was an important element to the argument, the slot’s play as a whole should be taken into account (so D1/early D2 at the time that post was made) rather than just D1.

You stated your reasons, and I don’t believe them to be sufficient for such a strong tunnel leading through almost the rest of the game. You said that entrances make a big difference in how you read people, but it seems you arrived at a solid scumread on Luft based on very little information and openly refused to budge. It may be related to how we value things, but I don’t really see any reason to put that much weight on a slightly off-putting entrance.

Okay, that’s fair. I still like to have everyone’s votes moved around by EoD so I can see where their heads are at, but it’s understandable that you didn’t see a need to move the vote around (especially if you would’ve otherwise put them at L-1 or L-2).

Gotcha, that makes sense (although I’d think that would have more to do with choosing kill order if I understand correctly?) Regardless, I the voting solution Andres/Martin came up with to counteract that PoE was good.

Playing some League w/ The Boys, might be back later tonight

Tickle Count

Seththeking has been Tickled
He was Mafia Host
Ah you caught me.
Serial Seththeking has became the New Host.

Not Voting: Martin, LuftWaffle, Spak

Mindset is a lot, bud. There are quite litterally players on a community called “The Syndicate” who base a fair amount of their reads based on entraces and sometimes have proven to have fairly good or accurate results. Not all the time though, and I’m experimenting with it a little bit as of late.

But given the F3, I see now I shouldn’t have let go of Luftwaffle.

I would like to point out that since YBW was instigator, he would lose the tie against the killer that is currently alive with us.

Therefore, the fact that I voted YBW as the first person to do that instead of investigating any other path the town might take (such as a Spak miselimination on that very day) was arguably a risky play if I am killer (which im not; I’m very much town and if you eliminate me over Luftwaffle then I will never really understand it unless we’re intrinsically different people).

I also finally found out what Golden Girl took, after a bit of digging.

Enforcer in this position has no real reason to ever eliminate the Instigator unless they want the town cred.

Otherwise, they can just night-kill them whenever they want (since Advisor is dead) or just survive the F3.

Additionally, and honestly I probably should’ve emphasized this in the thread in case I was wrong,

I would’ve scum-read Luft and his reactions to me if he didn’t have an on-going game with me. I sincerely think that without possible reasons stemming from the other game (which I cannot go into detail with), there is just no plausibly towny reason for his responses to me.

In particular this was problematic earlier

This can be said about ANYTHING early-game. You don’t get a pass just because your content generated responses; its objective would have to be more specific. In fact, he doesn’t mention how this affects his reads on others at all in relation to this claim. I presumed that maybe he might’ve been doing that to test me, since we can’t discuss reasons not inside the game, but I’m thinking I was wrong.

I mean, sure it did address golden girl, but he said reactionS.

He doesn’t elaborate on how one “looks” town and when they “are” town. I mean, he basically dodges explaining why he thinks golden is looking towny rather than being towny. Which is sort of (though not exactly the same thing) the original issue I had with his post.

The only reason I let that go is because my hard ping on him was also used in another game, which I’m not discussing further.

I can’t ever recall a town ever in my 16 games so far using “potential mindmeld” as a reason to not vote their scum-reads. Additionally, they are partially attempting to out-source their solving to a positively town slot. Or just leaving the opportunity open.

Edit: He actually votes me 10 minutes later. After doing some more reading and 2 more posts.

He doesn’t focus on YBW, even though he’s the biggest FoS at #539. He doesn’t interact with or mention YBW again until #620, and here he’s not even commenting on YBW at all despite being the FoS aside from. Instead, he talks solely about me.

He does bring up YBW again in #653, #659, and #721. But he never really points anything out specific, and just time and time again vaguely saying YBW is not towny and pushes me. Never any real AI or reading interaction with YBW, as compared to say me or Erika. Its always just side-notes on him not being towny. Later, at #845 he says I could be town but of course dodges the certainty.

Once that happens, he doesn’t focus on YBW even though his PoE would dictate that. Erika is still being more or less mandatorily executed so he has no super real point to be interacting with Erika.

Once D3 comes though, he makes #861 / #862 and instead of voting YBW he instead votes Spak because “Strictly PoE”, even though he just pointed out YBW could have been framed by a killer while a killer.

I could go on and on, but here I think its clear from the post I quoted above (not linked), and from that point on, Luftwaffle had a killer ping on YBW but was trying to position himself as being justified in executing YBW if it came to that but never really pushed him because he was a semi-allied killer.

He never seriously interacted with YBW to get AI content from him; this is because Luft is a killer and he knows trying to decieve another killer wont work since YBW at some point will have to get rid of him. All the more reason to adopt an approach where he’s throwing rocks at YBW from the sideline without ever directly confronting him.

Edit (Due to consecutive post limit):

I would also like to spite @Andresvmb and point out he made this in the past:

Assuming I held onto my very first reads, I would have had all 3 killers NOT in the town pool.

Edit 2: VOTE: Luftwaffle, though I will write more of them (WRT the spak vote) assuming I can post more in this thread.

Well, this simplifies things… Either I’m wrong, you’re town and we’re already screwed, or I’m right and shouldn’t have doubted my own reads in the first place lol. VOTE: MartinGG99

Assuming Spak is town because else it’s GG anyway: do you have any questions?

Nope, was about to come in here and finish the ISOs but this makes it easy for me lol

VOTE: MartinGG99

^ Safer one since it’s not the edit

And thanks for playing guys! The no-kill N2 didn’t backfire after all :wink:

Welp. You deserve it lol

1 Like

I CURSE UNCLE GRIDDLE AND ALL OF HIS FAMILY TIL THE TENTH GENERATION

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

1 Like

Well played @Spak. I knew you were Killer - I went back on that after seeing all that work you put in but at that point everybody has an incentive to game solve so I should have ignored it.

1 Like

WE HAVE PREVAILED AGAINST THE FORCES OF FATHER TOASTER ONCE AGAIN! HUZZAH!!!

Anyways, I figured if I brought you guys into the F3 town would implode if left to themselves based on your tumultuous past and general opinion of my slot. Was just a matter of time before someone had to put down a vote lol.

It should have though! If the block had stayed on YBW, we would have flipped Killer, known Killer had been framed, and left all options on the table with two executions to go and 1 Killer to find.