Stormy Seas (NSIMI Game A)

@Seththeking

Yes

I think i’d be better if you and @tn5421 just lay off for a bit and interacted with other things other than each other. Thanks :pray:

My objection to UFO with regards to Elli is not just that he suspects him, it’s that he is made a big and singular deal out of suspecting him. Elli’s playstyle is confounding for sure. But a player whose approach is foreign is not always a player whose approach is bad or anti-town. The most significant chunk of content UFO has provided has been a tirade against Elli for being Elli.

I’d also like to note that UFO responded to my initial vote by saying “let’s fucking do this”, and has since made a few posts without addressing the case I provided against him. I thought he’d be excited.

tbh I’m surprised clem didn’t incidentally talk about to you guys at some point in the last year why I think what I’m doing is a lot closer to optimal than the norm.

Also I just want to add a bit more and say that I have on a number of occasions (as town) chosen not to vote in situations where I am some mix of unsure, feeling like my vote doesn’t matter (e.g. plurality is reached and guaranteed without me), or feeling like my vote is just detrimental to the game in general (e.g. only wagons are on two people I equally townread)

Semi-off topic chatter about votes: My usual habit is to throw votes around cheaply. We can change them as much as we want, so I typically just put votes on people when I want to draw attention to something in particular (hence my vote for Doggo early on).

However, I normally play games with plurality voting and it’s pretty obvious that hammer voting makes my voting strategy a lot more risky. I’ll probably dial it back, but I wanted to make this note in case anyone has found my voting habits confusing to this point.

I’m willing to table this for later, but it goes against most of how we play at PlayDip, and does not seem fun for me to participate with.

yeah I agree on the less fun part but I have trouble optimizing between most fun and most winning.

VEVO: Vote Early, Vote Often

I’m familiar with the strategy and it doesn’t bother me. I sometimes use it, sometimes not. But with hammer votes, yeah, be more careful.

vevo’s good in some instances to force reactions but it’s also not the only way to force them, too.

there are definitely times when a vote reaction is the only/best way to really judge what you’re trying to judge though.

I’m out for the next normal-person-sleeping-number-of-hours. We still have like a day and a half here, I don’t think we’re at a point where it’s crucial to be locked in. In PlayDipLand things usually get the most exciting during the last like 4 hours anyway.

I’m not necessarily always looking for a vote reaction. I’m just looking to draw attention to certain issues that I want to talk about. That’s what I mean when I say that I “don’t necessarily believe in” my case against Doggo. It was just an issue I wanted to put into the thread to move the game forward.

My vote for UFO is a legitimate vote. He is currently my top suspect.

Oh you think I’m hot? :smirk:

probably sub-opt here given time zones

This is true on the Syndicate as well. Vote polls don’t matter at all until the final 90 minutes or so.

Votecount as of post #395

Ellibereth (1): UFOFever
UFO Fever (1): Sloonei

Not Voting (5): DoggoPlays, Fatmo, Ellibereth, M2H, kimpossible

I tend to think last 4 hours for the biggest talking spurt is sort of chaotic and when there’s that little time I feel like scum can more easily slip into the chaos. Something more like last 12 hours is better for town to actually figure stuff out, especially since in the last 12 hours you can expect everyone in the thread to be awake / not at work for at least a little bit of that time, something you can’t guarantee in 4 hours.

I get the game has a life of it’s own sometimes, but hoping whatever happens here we can at least pace that action. I don’t want to set up an uhhhhhh excuse for scum to go crazy in this day’s last hours just because they think they can get away with it as being “normal.”

Yeah if you pause time roughly 12-24 hours before deadline and see who would have died there and compare to EoD shenanigan actual death when it happens the former tends to be a bit more accurate.

Not where I come from.

have you guys measured it?