Stormy Seas (NSIMI Game A)

Playing’s in my name, catch me if u can, son.

/me plays in the street

How do you normally approach Day 1 of a game?

I told you how to read Kim and Fatmo. Never kill Fatmo day 1 and Kim is town unless she’s actively not even trying.

A great man once said, “maybe explain your reads with the assumption that we can’t read your mind please and thank you.”

You cannot possibly be equating this with the “I’m not explaining anything” reads from Ellibereth.

2 Likes

Why not? UFO is all up in Elli’s business about his lack of explained reads. UFO is then offering reads without explanation. UFO is at least indicating that he’ll be forthcoming, but I can’t award him any credit for that until he follows through.

1 Like

Come up with a goal, try to implement goal.

If I have no goal, fart around and until I get one.

Goals are typically how I want to be viewed rather than going out to try and solve the game day 1, because let’s be real, I am not solving any game on day 1.

I’ve achieved my day 1 goal(s) already.

What is/was your Day 1 goal?

I also typically reveal my early goals in mid to late game.

Also the aim is never to have the game solved on Day 1, it is to use Day 1 to put ourselves in the best possible position to solve it later on.

but that’s not really relevant here

you’ll have to wait for me to tell ya.

What should we expect from you for the rest of Day 1?

Do you agree or disagree with my vote for UFO?

“never”

:wink:

“always”

Because like, “Kim is town unless she’s actively not trying” is something you can apply. Granted, “Don’t kill Fatmo until D2” is not useful to you at all. But you can at least try to evaluate for yourself whether I’m trying to play the game. Elli isn’t explaining anything, just handing down “town” or “>rand scum”.

1 Like

Do you read UFO as town?

Sorry, what? If you’re town, you want to be viewed as town. If you’re scum, you want to be viewed as town. How is it more complicated than that? How do you make a goal out of “How I want to be viewed”?

Like, I just straight up don’t understand what you’re trying to accomplish in terms of winning Mafia here.

I don’t think either of these things are actually necessarily true but we can talk about this after the game since I can see this debate taking up a lot of space and it’s not super relevant here.

1 Like

I’m not even sure what I expect of me for the rest of day 1. If I’m cheery maybe some dog gifs.

I think UFO is a vote I could get behind since I don’t really see their town value but as I said I am anti-Elli’s no talk philosophy on day 1s and like to observe and wait until at least the last 24 hours to cast a final vote. And in this moment I am worried about voting and a wagon forming that would end the day early or just leave no time for future developments.

So far, yeah. The issue here is that Elli’s play is not helpful to anyone except Elli, and where we play that’s just not going to fly. So okay, I get it, people here are saying “This is how he plays,” but that tells me nothing as far as whether he’s town, what I see is someone who, by all the Mafia standards I’ve known for the last few years and that UFO has learned, is just playing badly.

I don’t think it’s worth voting Elli until D2 – if he doesn’t die at night – but I don’t think it’s scum-indicative of UFO to not see it that way. He is young, hotheaded, and stubborn until he cools off.

1 Like