Ranked Vengeful (Developing a rating system based on per game player ranking) Discussion

Could we develop a skeleton ranking system, and flesh it out depending in the setup?

Wait so do the mafia not gain or lose any points for winning Elli?

points don’t have any relation to what you gain or lose, they’re just for per game ordering. We’ll be using a ordered list rating system inspired from the auto-chess genre for actual rating calcs.

What points do the Mafia gain in their profile?

the number 1400 is a rating. the points (4, -9, -9) are NOT the changes to their rating. The changes to the rating are determined by the placement numbers (1st, 2nd, 3rd). After the players are ordered the points are no longer used.

It’ll be something like for rating x, scaling constant C, and placement constant A,

\Delta x=C(\bar x - x)+A with piece-wise adjustments for some corner cases.

1 Like

How should Neutrals be ranked, in the event that we do want Neutrals?

The most simple, and possibly worst, would be a survivor. How would you rank them based soley on mechanics?

I don’t think we’ll be doing neutrals.

There probably exists a way to rank n-unbalanced parties but it’s not a can of worms I feel like opening.

Is it a fool who goes into the unknown seeking answers, or is the real fool one who doesn’t try at all?

hey if you’re interested in working on one go on ahead. I’m not.

Well firstly it would have to be tailored to the specific Neutral you are talking about.

What about mafia elo?

Don’t think I missed 4-2+2=0

1 Like

shhh

1 Like

What happens to rating for ties? Like if two people tie for 2nd do they both gain rating? And if they tie for 3rd they both lose it?

yeah

what is S standard deviation or you accidently wrote that instead of C

1 Like

the they’re supposed to be the same constant my bad