Ranked 2v7

i hope that whoever submitted 72h is regretting their choices

2 Likes

No, I apecifically requested for forever, but the damn mod kept saying “72 only” smh

I mean, how am I supposed to break the open setup in only 72 hours, and find a winning strat?

Ranked setups aren’t supposed to be breakable. They’re supposed to test your fundamental mafia skills. Of course, there are some loopholes in the system raised by chesskid that Ellibereth may need to make adjustments. But, ultimately, the winning strat is to be good at the game and to catch scum.

1 Like

Fuck off, I’m gonna steamroll this game whide ophen

since I’ve been on a haitus I think I only have one scum game on site thats current

recent scum game off site

only ranked game I rolled scum in (almost a year ago)

yeah and I was saying that sheepy players that can survive tend to be weaker when not playing with familiar players whereas an independent player like chess or nanook might thrive off site. I’m commenting on this notion that the ranking system is flawed bc it favors sheepy survivable players when YEAH, that is the type of player that prob is best WITHIN a single community but reads become a lot more valuable imo when off site bc then the sheeps aren’t known and don’t know who to sheep.

hard disagree burden of proof is always on the plaintiff, but even if thats the case read those games and tell me that this is the same as those games.

I think you should probably be on gtacc if I’m being honest. If its town then we know to reconsider chess/nanook seriously, and if its scum then we know that chess/nanook is likely t/t in which case we probably win the game.

1 Like

I also want to avoid any eod shenanigans from chess/nanook/urist and having mine yours and andres’ vote on gtacc first would prevent that.

but thats me being a little selfish tbf

i think in any world chess and nanook are prob together tho not always. at least if town chess isn’t catching nook scum d1, I’m definitely not doing it. off chance of like nanook/jake but im not really on that anymore.

im town in any world

I think andres is my top tr in any world. I’ve been feeling a lot better about him independently and honestly if nook scum, nanook tmi’d andres town and if nanook town I prob trust him to read andres right yeah?

I’m a little shakier on you if I’m being honest. You seem to be solving and have been supportive and helpful but just tonally there is something about your posts that justs gets to me a little. You’re town and I’m not voting you, but this read is a little weaker.

this is where it gets a little extra. okay if chess/nanook are top scum then that means that jake and urist could have been tmi’d town. I am honestly receptive to the idea that Nanook overrates his own town read ability on people to the extent that he just tmi’s null slots town bc he thinks he can read that well. It might not be the case but if nook scum im inclined to near lock jake and urist town. something I noticed in the prev ranked game from nanook is that when he’s powerscumming he hands out town reads like ice cream candy to the lowest bidder.

the inverse might also be true, town nook might have some legit reason to tr jake and urist.

inclined to say gtacc scum makes me go to model 2, gtacc town makes me resort to model 1. I don’t think chess and nook are getting gtacc wrong here while also at the very least not doing me any favors and still being town. likewise gtacc town prob calms my nerves a little bit and then I’m looking at starv and perhaps urist a lot more closely.

I think thats why gtacc is a good lynch here as the entire game state seems to revolve around his slot and he’s a slot thats seems to have to go in any world

VOTE: GTacc

Didn’t we win flawlessly that game? It happened a year ago? I’m kind of surprised it’s been that long.

In that same game, you said that you couldn’t Town tell obviously anymore. That is exactly the game I remember that convinced me that judging you purely based on activity level or perceived enthusiasm was wrong. I haven’t really changed my mind.

I will say, I don’t see anything that’s happened so far in the arguments that you’ve had that has really changed how I’m looking at this D1. Some of it appears to me to be just your old regular paranoia. I think we need to just wait and see.

Yeah I’m in the same boat as you here. I definitely thinks it simplifies the game quite a bit.

1 Like

With everybody relatively active, these days do seem overly long. Anyway, I’m okay with how this day has played out so far. I think it’s mostly a waiting game at this point.

yeah we did, one of my fave games and it built my confidence up quite a bit. still haven’t been able to win another scum game like that tho :sob: im not going to pretend that I wouldn’t tryhard if I rolled scum in ranked, I just didn’t this time. that was prob the only reason I did okay in that game, ig along with the laughably easy bar I had to cross.

if im not changing your mind ig thats fine I mean you are essentially pushing my model 2 poe that has me you ms nanook chess town so there’s a lot of worlds where we are just in direct agreement already. ig I’m just thinking ahead because getting pushed makes me nervous and paranoid as fuck my dude.

1 Like

Do I need a fourth town or is 3 + me enough? Someone that isn’t me do the math, please

It’s enough if you hit scum before the second nk I think

at least I think we came up to it being 5 mls