Ranked 2v7

Why are cases scummy?

Iā€™m too lazy to explain it rn maybe @chesskid3 will do the honors

Explain it using at little words as you care.

There you go

1 Like

It might not lead to a scum win exactly but it would essentially damage the town core. It makes it harder because then u have to throw me and nanook in a poe instead of being out of the poe. That makes it easier for scum to end up outside the POE so even if it doesnā€™t lead to a town loss it makes it a lot more likely in a situation where it should be completely unavoidable.

Thats because he is. just casually watching kebab mafia he was obvtown to me.

Cases are towny because Cases are towny.

1 Like

the inverse of my POE is lynching you and chesskid you idiot

Tempting!

the idea is that he was starting to implode and then nanook came in and town cored him, taking the pressure off. Iā€™m admittedly not as bullish on that as I was previously.

Yes, I do think at this point there shouldnā€™t be any doubt as to my alignment precisely because Iā€™m a scared little bitch as scum. I think its entirely reasonable to expect a good faith actor to town read somebody that is doing a majority of the leg work and even if Iā€™m playing differently than last game, I am still decidedly outside my scum meta.

that is, unless you genuinely think that I can just go super saiyan scum whenever I step into a ranked game. Sorry fam but it doesnā€™t work like that.

You arenā€™t doing a majority of the leg work tho

I would be inclined to differ based on the fact that two other people are pushing my exact poe, Iā€™m topposting, and as much as you want to throw empty arguments at me, im posting contentā€“perhaps more than last game.

chesskid response isnā€™t what I was expecting (essentially something to smooth over tensions/redirect conversation if nanook/me are tvt) and I honestly need to think about it a little more.

but i cant pontificate in the thread any more rn I need get ready for work.

ok one more post before I go.

I have essentially two models for explaining this game and I feel at least vaguely confident that one of them is right here.

model 1: vibe trusting land boii

m2h
andres
metal sonic

jake
urist

gtacc
starv

chess
nanook

model 2: sit down and do what youā€™re told

m2h
andres
metal sonic

chesskid

nanook

jake
urist

starv
gtacc

within a singular communityā€“yes.

in mafia across communitiesā€“no.

I go to some other forum and play mafia and Iā€™ll probably get hounded constantly and have bad reads and not know who/have anybody to sheep.

my inclination is to vote gtacc and hope for a scum flip bc I think chess and nanook are together until shown a reason that they arenā€™t so gtacc scum prob makes me go to model 2 which is a cleaner win in all likelihood but I also donā€™t want to be wrong period.

Could you explain in a little more detail later when youā€™re available?