5 Player Vengeful: The Reboot - Day 1

I wasn’t sure MS would shoot Mantis, but I’ve grown to respect MS’ game to the point where if I was wrong I knew MS wouldn’t actually shoot me, and would instead shoot the right person. The reason I am inclined to shoot you is rather simple - I don’t expect both Scum to help lynch a Town player in this game. I just don’t. If Mantis jumped on a wagon started by her fellow Scum player I would be more shocked than her putting her Godfather teammate at L-1 when it had just been done the game prior.

I think she probably hammered to shut me down, like you said. Especially if she thought that there was a chance that Riley would get lynched instead, or if she thought that she would get lynched and that Riley wouldn’t be able to survive a lylo with me/you/MS (which is likely).
Plus I’m pretty sure that >80% of vengeful games end up with both scum on one townie. Statistically, it’s just as likely as both town being on the 3rd townie, but with the added thing that the goon will never try to lynch the godfather (unless they’re dumb like me). I’m pulling the 80% out of my ass but you really shouldn’t think it’s likely that both of the other townies were on MS’s wagon.

I’m not following this argument of two Scum on 1 Town. If the Town shoots The Godfather the game does not end. The rules clearly spell this out. So if there’s two Scum on 1 Town the game should end. Because the Scum would just lynch the Town and win, regardless of where the shot landed.

It’s not really important. Stats don’t apply for the individual game. But I’m not sure what you don’t follow, since it seems pretty obvious to me that it’s more likely for one town to be wrong on a 50/50 than for two town to be wrong on a 50/50.

We probably have another 30 mins or so until ffery stops livetweeting the liar’s club game. Do you have any other questions for me?

VC 4-3 FINAL

Andresvmb: 2 (Riley Cake, Urist)
Not Voting: 2 (Urist, Andresvmb)

With 3 alive it takes 2 to lynch

Deadline: October 10, 2018 6:00 AM (Europe: Paris), October 9, 2018 9:00 PM (America: Los Angeles)

Mod Notes:
- :slight_smile:

A Lynch Has Been Achieved!

Andresvmb was a Vengeful Townie!

Andresvmb has 24 hours in which to submit a Venge Kill!

@5PV

Andresvmb Shoots Urist!

Urist was a Mafia Godfather

Town Wins!

@5PV

bah!

Dead PT: 5P Vengeful Reboot Dead Thread

Mafia PT: Vengeful Mafia Reboot Hideout

Thanks for playing!

Not sure the second vengekill was a good idea. Without it, if town doesn’t lynch the godfather, they lose. With it, they can only lose if town is lynched and vengekills town on day 1, or if the second vengekill goes awry (which maybe happens sometimes? I dunno.)

And thus be smited, foul evil potato!

Great job Andres! And great job Urist, you had me fooled post-hammer into thinking it was not you! :rage:

2 Likes

Well, I’d say that Urist played such a great job that I was convinced that Riley was it on Day 2. So, scum might have had a chance to win. Andres just played it right, is all.

I do however find it wonky that lynching the goon correctly D1 would make it more difficult for town than lynching a town D1 then that town shooting correctly.

Of course, there’s a chance that town shoots wrong, but ah.

2 Likes

Urist is a good sweet talker, I’ll admit as much. The circumstances here just didn’t help him :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

As said in the dead thread… I was actually under the impression that this last day would be regular lylo.

@Andresvmb how were you so sure it wasnt riley?

I had a read. That’s what it boiled down to. I mean I telegraphed it early in Lylo that I thought that was the case. The conversation after he hammered me didn’t change much in my head. I submitted my shot what, 30 minutes after the thread closed after re-reading the game once? Riley was actually pretty obviously Town too haha so that helped a lot.

1 Like

Basically it forces scum to possibly play more conservatively. If they don’t think that they can get town to shoot town, lynching the goon gives them a better chance of winning.
It’s a weird quirk but technically the game is more balanced that way. Whether it’s a good game design choice is another question. vOv

I’s sorry… I voted everyone wrong :frowning: