5 Player Vengeful: The Reboot - Day 1

There is one important assumption that you have wrong - if Mafia were to quickhammer in this scenario, I would know who that is and simply shoot back. And then Town would win. This is not a traditional game where if the Town vote prematurely in Lylo, then they lose. So your analysis does not quite work. I don’t know if you are saying this to bolster your Town credentials, but I already don’t think it’s you so I think we’ll be okay.

So I went back over the game and I still don’t think it’s Riley. And Andres saying he’d shoot me if I hammer him really just looks like an appeal to fear when it’s not followed up with a vote on me.
VOTE: Andresvmb
On the off chance that I’m wrong then pls shoot Riley thx.

So instead of trying to appeal to me you just vote me? Interesting. I think I’m just gonna shoot you now.

Why bother? The chances of you being town here are so ridiculously low that I don’t see the point. Like I know Mantis, there’s no way she’d leave her godfather at L-1 the whole day like that, she doesn’t have the balls.

Except you are wrong. So your low odds are what they are. You have a small window to argue why I shouldn’t shoot you and shoot Riley.

Assuming you’re not just trolling me, you should look at Mantis’s hammer on MS as evidence for me not being scum. We would have coordinated that way better, seeing as we live together and all. I probably would have voted her because lynching the goon on d1 is better for scum than lynching town and having them shoot scum (33% odds of scum winning today vs. 50% odds of scum winning if goon is lynched d1).

Look at #97 up to #114. Seems like Riley is hesitant to vote for Mantis and votes MS for a silly reason instead of Mantis.

On d1 Mantis looked like she was eager to fan the flames of a me vs. MS battle, which turned out to be town vs town. If I were the godfather she would be trying to direct peoples’ attention away from MS’s attack on me, not towards it.

If you are actually trolling me you should say so so that I don’t waste what little free time I have on this :expressionless:

I’m not. You just hammered me wrong which I’m rather surprised about because we usually read each other right.

And Mantis trying to shut you down after you seemed to be asking all the right questions is interesting. I’m not fully decided on who to shoot so I’ll re-ead again and make up my mind.

Meh. I’ll be honest, I didn’t read too closely because I thought for sure that Mantis wouldn’t distance from her gf-buddy d1 like that. I probably should have looked more closely on my reread but I’d already made up my mind so.
I’m gonna stick with: I didn’t read you wrong, I read Mantis wrong and PoE’d you by mistake. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wanna know why you voted for MS after agreeing with me about Mantis and Riley and saying you don’t find MS scummy (in #158)

If I wanted to bolster my Town credentials why would I vote the wrong way after already defending MS? I explained that I thought that was a 50/50 and that Mantis was slightly less Scummy looking than MS. I was right about one of them being Scum - I was just wrong about which one.

Apparently this is wrong. :expressionless: Mantis unvoted as soon as she posted, after MS puts Riley at L-1. It just seems like a long time because Mantis didn’t post a lot.

MS votes for Riley in #78.
Mantis unvotes in #109.

I was more asking from the PoV that you’re actually town. But yeah that’s a good point. Plus if you are sure about a 50/50 it’s better to lynch the guy who you know will shoot the other guy.

I wasn’t sure MS would shoot Mantis, but I’ve grown to respect MS’ game to the point where if I was wrong I knew MS wouldn’t actually shoot me, and would instead shoot the right person. The reason I am inclined to shoot you is rather simple - I don’t expect both Scum to help lynch a Town player in this game. I just don’t. If Mantis jumped on a wagon started by her fellow Scum player I would be more shocked than her putting her Godfather teammate at L-1 when it had just been done the game prior.

I think she probably hammered to shut me down, like you said. Especially if she thought that there was a chance that Riley would get lynched instead, or if she thought that she would get lynched and that Riley wouldn’t be able to survive a lylo with me/you/MS (which is likely).
Plus I’m pretty sure that >80% of vengeful games end up with both scum on one townie. Statistically, it’s just as likely as both town being on the 3rd townie, but with the added thing that the goon will never try to lynch the godfather (unless they’re dumb like me). I’m pulling the 80% out of my ass but you really shouldn’t think it’s likely that both of the other townies were on MS’s wagon.

I’m not following this argument of two Scum on 1 Town. If the Town shoots The Godfather the game does not end. The rules clearly spell this out. So if there’s two Scum on 1 Town the game should end. Because the Scum would just lynch the Town and win, regardless of where the shot landed.