Transitioning away from using lynch - alternatives and implementation

Yeah, but just choosing and altermative to execute, some graciously unhelpful, StarV, makes game artificially more difficult.

I dont think it is a big deal for new players and vet players, you say they will leave the game cuz different word each host based on what?

For vets, based on their experience. This is a whole new site with many different players. Do you really want to tack on “many different words for execute” too?

For new players, they might find it far too complicated and, well, leave. Possibly never playing FM again.

Is this all speculation? Yes, it is. Does that mean it can be dismissed out of hand? No.

1 Like

That’s actually not good speculation, when I created Turkish games with total newbies, I sent them “townie” and “mafia” role pm but I made flavors on thread just for fun, they were also usign the flavor on thread and none of them was confused at all, its extremely no problem like if town’s flavor is called heroes or kebabs, people use town but they also say heroes or kebab

1 Like

There are far more confusing stuff each game like different mechanics or say majority and plurality lynch, self vote, votign for no lynch rules but people get used to it with no problem

tbh I accidentally said lunch in my last post and didn’t realize it because I was avoiding using it, I think autochange/pop up(pop up is annoying) or atl east having a reminder like “use this for getting voted out” each game would be good

That is a small sample size you got there.

Petition to replace My/Lylo with Me/ExLo, for MisExecute and Execute.

I know I won’t get an upstanding majority.

1 Like

Good point LOL

But it is still something, people being ok with different mechanics every gane but deciding to not play game because of 1 word changing each game seem unrealistic to me

1 Like

It’s not just that, it’s that compiled with the everything else.

It’s better than your sample size of “I’m imagining this will happen based on absolutely nothing”

1 Like

Having a site default is good, I doubt we’re going to be rigidly enforcing using our specific default? That doesn’t seem feasible, let alone whether it’s desirable or not.

1 Like

Jake’s point about Mylo/Lylo is actually a decent point. We should think about alternatives for those terms too.

4 Likes

In my opinion mylo/lylo are already a stupid terms, in lylo it is “lynch or lose” but mylo is “mislynch and lose” right? outside of first letter they are exactly the same but the conjuction word is different. Mislynch or lose always comes first to my mind when I think of it but it is mislynch and lose, and since conjuction is not in the abbrevation it makes it confusing

That’s a lot of racist terminology you just used there.

Well everybody knows I mean racist termionoly when I say mylo also thread name is racist then

Do you see how meaningless this is then

no mylo includes L word