Transitioning away from using lynch - alternatives and implementation

Ya I pref autoreplave

1 Like

No.

No, yes.

“Well, you might think of dayvig when someone says DK (daykill), however I mean the DKDK (the daykill daykill).” (Voting someone out at the end of the day)

We should use Execute. It’s the simplest solution, and it isn’t too radical of a change, so people jumping from other sites will transition easier, and won’t be turned away by extremely foreign terminology, like DKDK

What’s wrong with daykill daykill

It’s too out there, and might discourage veteran outsiders to join our site, like how you would only go to a resteraunt that sounds familiar to you.

It feels familiar for fromis stans

I am only using dkdk because I like, I can and it is kind of encouraged

Some players I know have started to use “lunch” instead of lynch, though in part that’s also due to the tendency for typos on phones. It sorta stuck though. And “take them to lunch” sounds kinda sinister in its own way.

Quick question:

Can’t we just use all of them? Do we have to have a single term? I think we just move away from lynched and have fun with our vocabularies.

2 Likes

It would needlessly complicate things for both new players and vet players

TBH I’m thinking having a different word for voting out for each host as having a different customazible skin for characters in games like league or overwatch. Maybe it could be a feature instead of a problem

1 Like

I mean we could sell it like “be the host and choose your custom word for voting out!”

I mean the word l*nch, we are just using it with no other reason than they always used it, right? Why not make using other words a customizable feature for hosts? Everyone can get used to it like how people get used to any other feature of a custom game like picking when will you get your vig on guns n roses mafia

And if hosts doesnt want to pick a word just make it execute by default

Or a better example, there was a game where you pick to give a vigilante to a person instead of normal lunch, did people used lunch instead of give vig in that game? IDK what game that was but pretty sure there was some kind of that game

The difference between it being a customizable skin and this is that it would be needlessy confusing for each host to have their own word (especially without proper theming, or any thrming at all, GTacc.) Imagine you’re a new player on the site, and every game people kept switching up a term. There would be no “getting used to a word”, and add onto that the countless other Mafia terms we have, and we’ll probaby lose them because every game it’s something new. It also makes it harder for veteran players used to the old. Sure, it’s going to suck no matter what, but if every game we use a different term, they’ll probably leave the site and go onto a more consistent site.

Imagine if every term in mafia could just be renamed all willy nilly, it would be utter chaos.

1 Like

I really don’t think deciding a new word is this big btw, people have already transitioned away or are starting to

1 Like