Stormy Seas (NSIMI Game A)

Y’all may start getting a somewhat more interested Kim at this point, we’ll see. I have for literally the last week been internally wrestling with starting to (correctly) scumread my RL fiancee in the game that just ended on PlayDip, and playing this game when it started was kinda the last thing I wanted to be doing, but I’ve done my best. Now that the other one’s over, I might have more bandwidth to give here.

But with it coming so late in D1, who knows. And if I get transferred over to Game B, also who knows, because I have skimmed that thread, and I would rather have stabbed myself in the kidney than try to play in it. Too many people, too low signal-to-noise ratio. So like, future dead townies, if you want me in a place where I might have a chance to be effective at solving the game for town, leave me in this game.

Been mulling the Mason claim in my head some more.

Option A) M2H flips town. That basically clears Doggo and Elli.

Option B) M2H flips scum, that implicates Doggo and Elli.

I don’t know M2H’s scum game, but they don’t strike me as a player to go for “fake Mason claim to get out of a scumread” independently, which means I think it would have to be a scum partner urging them to do or, which would have to be Doggo, because if Doggo is town and this is fake, he votes it immediately.

So… I think we kinda have to lynch M2H now. It has the highest informational value on multiple other alignments.

Apparently everyone claims mason here. I don’t even know if we’re supposed to believe m2h’s claim

If that’s the case then :roll_eyes:

I am not masons with m2h. m2h was clearly joking, and it confuses me why you didn’t realize it was a joke.

As I was told in my first game on this site, the term mason can also just be thrown about to mean you positively town read someone, not just because you literally have the mason role.

I think both your options A and B are both flawed. There is nothing about m2h’s flip that clears us, as I am not masons with m2h. It does appear that Elli is somewhat taking my lead on my read of m2h (despite my read being fairly weak and m2h’s lack of content in the past 24 hours does concern me), And I am assuming Elli is not masons with m2h either.

Due to less than 6 hours left, I’m casting a lynch vote. I might change it later, but I do want to avoid the last few hours of chaos of too much moving at the very end.

VOTE: UFOFever

Why are you afraid of chaos?

Well they’re flawed in an environment where people just claim roles they don’t have willy-nilly, even as town. My assumption was that M2H does not, as town, claim Mason with you unless they actually, y’know, ARE A MASON WITH YOU.

But apparently that’s a crazy assumption to make.

In my world, if I see that and I’m you and I’m neither a Mason with nor a scumchum of M2H, I vote them immediately. But again, we’re apparently now in Crazy Upside Down World.

So I guess it doesn’t matter who we lynch, because the rules here don’t apply in any sense that’s meaningful to me and I’m just waiting to see if Elli is alive tomorrow.

2 Likes

I assume the answer is yes but I’ll ask anyway: will the threads be locked at night?

yes

yes, this is a crazy upside down world.

I will say though that scum m2h should never fake claim to seriously be masons with me. Either I’m a town and can refute his accusation, or I’m scum and him flipping scum implicates his scumbuddy, allowing town to easily win.

Or we WIFOM ourselves into believing scumM2H would never fakeclaim being Masons with you…

I think you’re missing the point. I’m using this as an argument to show that m2h’s claim wasn’t serious. It’s not serious because 1) I’m not masons with him and 2) such a serious claim does not benefit scum m2h.

It’s a joke claim, or a super strong townread claim. The context for it being a serious claim does not exist.

Refer to this post in my first game here:

And here’s another from our esteemed host:

I see. I dislike it, but I acknowledge it.

Hey @Fatmo wanna be masons with me? I guess that’s a thing we can just decide.

Hurtful

Playdip Mason core, who says no?

Eh, you kinda don’t want to be here anyway. Want me to mercy vote you?