SoDope Mafia 13 - AGORAPHOBIA

So basically what DS told me was the winning or losing of any one faction was based on whether they could kill off the other faction’s OP player.

I understand the goal, but I think the N1 situation speaks to why it doesn’t work in practice.

Yawn

Weren’t you just claiming me in the MU discord? Lol

What is MU?

The sound that cows make

Town will most times be hesitant to out information which is both good and bad for everybody

If you got lucky on a n1 kill and hit dusk it would also have been entirely different.

You factor in things like this when making a game. There are many ways this game could have swung. That’s why it is a closed setup

Town MVP = Urist
Scum MVP = StarV

1 Like

Actually, it’s a classic scenario creation dilemma when two factions operate differently. It’s really hard to balance weird and extreme things. Generally, things that work are either:

1. Deliberately a parody
  2. Standard with slightly different flavor
  3. Slightly off-standard

The reason for this is that the factions have different strengths, if you give mafia too many things that fuck with the lynch, it’s really hard to play. If you give town too many things that fuck with the mafia KP, it’s really hard to play. Yes, lynching and night killing aren’t the only things that happen in a game, but they are the two primary abilities / distinguishing features.

It’s a similar dilemma to making maps in an RTS like Starcraft, if the paths are too narrow and too few, the faction with stronger/defensive units wins, if the paths are too wide and too many, the fast/aggressive faction wins. Usually weird and extreme features lead to exploits that make games less interesting. There are exceptions where one faction does everything wrong and you end up with a good game on an imbalanced scenario, but… It’s more the exception than the norm.

Was my role even relevant

I was just memeing

It could have fucked starVs role up :man_shrugging:t2:

Good games guys, star was right we should have resigned. Thought there was a chance town missed auto…more than 5 days in a row. :stuck_out_tongue:

I suspect things weren’t technically balanced but that’s always the case with larger custom setups since it can be hard to intuit or calculate a lot of the things.

Hard to hit this type of game with a setup calculator ui too…maybe a baby coding language for mafia setups kek. (No it’s not happening).

SoDope games are closed power role yolo fun games we all know this

3 Likes

Sorry WHAT

Also yes, let’s please keep postgames from being toxic by following some basic guidelines.
The host definitely shouldn’t be jumping in to tell people to shut the fuck up because someone didn’t like the setup.

1 Like

I told StarV to shut the fuck up. That’s all. I told a user who has habitually trolled me (to the point of me no longer playing or running games on this site - Something well known to the administration on this site), the same user who I kindly allowed to participate in the game I just hosted for 15 people (which took weeks moderating btw), the same user who said things like “You’re fucking terrible” to Jake in post #1698 and then continued trolling by insulting the game he just played in #1700, I told to shut up.

That’s toxic?

This site is worse than MU. There isn’t even a friendly tag in here.

1 Like

But sure let’s play by the rules which are hidden deep in the thread of some random game I didn’t read before posting, and let’s pull one of those rules into this game here and say that StarV broke this one:

1. If you’re open to feedback state clearly you are (and indicate public or private). If someone hasn’t indicated they want feedback don’t provide any.
1 Like

Gg

Nobody is attacking you my man, let’s take it down a notch yeah?

We aren’t up a notch.

Shut up is not up a notch lol