Ranked Vengeful (Developing a rating system based on per game player ranking) Discussion

A vote on No one is better than a vote on tow, because a vote on town brings that town closer to being lynched.

How do I delete someone else’s post

1 Like

Would you like me to demonstrate?

Also, why can’t The mafia be ranked by how well they played?

Unless I’m mistaken, the rating system says that nonvotes are marginally better than votes on town? In that a nonvoter will win ties.

Can someone answer my very serious question pls

Also are all the bullets in OP weighted equally? Like if you get lynched, but shoot correctly, is that net 0?

Only @Ellibereth can answer those

For lynched and shoot correctly, it doesn’t appear to net to zero from what Elli’s said and is instead a slight negative - eg if they’re voting scum they’ll place behind other town voting scum, and if they’re voting town they’ll be placed behind all town (assuming town wins because the final townie voted correctly in lylo).

I’m not 100% sure though.

While I do agree that getting lynched is a bad thing, I feel that you as the player don’t have much control over whether you get lynched or not. Sure, you can be as townie as you like, but no amount of towniness will stop the scum almost majority piling onto you to get you lynched.

I’d like to know because some scenarios seem a little whack, for example someone who votes correctly, gets lynched, then shoots correctly (1 pt) wins ties against a townie who votes correctly d1 then gets nk’d (1 pt) because the former has more data points. Hopefully it does work the way you describe!

1 Like

You have virtually no way to control an NK on you other than playing sub-optimally enough to not be the most least suspicious.

Best to worst for just vengeful, probably need to refine how tiebreaks work (and figure out if we need tiebreaks) for people in the same case. Still need a little work to generalize since I noticed some errors in general setups for my previous numeric scheme:

Vote mafia d1, Vote mafia d2
Vote mafia d1, killed by mafia
Vote mafia d1, lynched, shoot right
Vote town d1, Vote mafia d2
Vote mafia d1, Vote town d2
Vote town d1, lynched, shoot right
Vote mafia d1, lynched, shoot wrong
Vote town d1, killed by mafia
Vote town d1, Vote town d2
Vote town d1, lynched, shoot wrong

unfair

staying alive long enough to influence positively (or negatively) is part of whats looked at :man_shrugging:
Makes the implicit hedging requirement in normal maf a bit more explicit.

maybe this should be tiebroken by what the misvote was doing?

I told you you would complain.

1 Like

:kappa:

Where is vote mafia d1 game ends tho

okay fair enough if you’re going to write the tiers like a soulless machine

then obviously everyone in that vote is first up to potential tiebreaks. :stuck_out_tongue:

What about in video mafia where it’s less clear