Pirate Ship Mafia

what

2 Likes

This is my 3rd game here (and that only because itā€™s an extension of my 2nd game which was Mall Pirates). And the first one was me on the small boat of the crazy two-boats game. So my experience is limited.

So am I to understand that you also are of the ā€œFuck you Iā€™m not explaining my reads stop askingā€ persuasion?

This has proven to be a bad way of going about reading chess in non-ranked games.

Tell me what the good way is. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m asking lol

I meanā€¦ I understand that the ā€œfuck you Iā€™m not explaining my reads stop askingā€ approach is annoying, but the truth is, if I do explain my reads, then you have the opportunity to disagree with my reasoning even if the result is correct. Whichā€¦ Is bad, so going based on clout is usually the best optionā€¦ AND, itā€™s been going well for me recently.

As I see this game has a lot of newcomers, I may have less clout to flaunt around than usual, so I might need to pander a bitā€¦

Let me adjust. I am diametrically opposed to explaining my reads before you give me your most accurate reads and explain why.

This also gives me an opportunity to see what youā€™re looking for, which will allow me to fabricate a read that makes you likely to sheep me.

1 Like

I donā€™t have a fucking clue what my reads are. Nothing here is readable to me. The only way I got decent reads last game was Elli actually explained what he was thinking to me in our private chat because he knew I was town.

Iā€™m not playing here again. This is fucking miserable.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I think itā€™s really hard to adjust to a new meta, specifically this oneā€¦ I ask ideally donā€™t give up on it so quicklyā€¦ But what I said in my last post is true, like, if you donā€™t have reads (I have a few very high confidence town reads atm), then you probably are looking for the wrong things.

That gap canā€™t be bridged by me explaining my reads to you, because you arenā€™t thinking that way (based on the absent reads) and therefore me explaining my reads to you has a higher probability of resulting in you scum reading me than you sheeping meā€¦ When I play off-site, I usually try to fabricate reasons that people can relate to because itā€™s easier to justify.

Also, Iā€™m confirmed town off of this post, among others.

Welcome to mafia 451

3 Likes

Okayā€¦ look, what Elli explained were linguistic things. ā€œFatmo wouldnā€™t phrase this statement this way if heā€™s scum.ā€ Thatā€™s stuff that makes sense to me.

I donā€™t have experience with most of the players here. The only read I have right now is UFO still seems towny to me. Thereā€™s been very little content in this game so I donā€™t even know what you could be trying to read.

DKDK hasnā€™t even posted in the thread, how can you possibly justify voting there?

HOW?

Btw I actually think Iā€™ve done a better job of explaining things to people this game (or last I suppose) I know theres culture shock but it does get better when you are used to it

1 Like

Because unless Iā€™m self aware AND on the ball, I donā€™t phrase things that way as scum. Honestly, Iā€™m an easy read because I town tell very well.

Also, DKDKā€™s choice of meme is scummy.

What meme? They havenā€™t posted here.

You were helpful in the last game.

I think 451 takes mafia games as less important dedicated things than other sites is a big difference

When Iā€™m on other sites (Iā€™ve played on some people in this games home site) I actually get more invested and usually even try harder, explaining and just I guess yeah tryharding in general

Here we donā€™t do readslist and big debates etc usually because I think games are less isolated important events, a lot of players here are more likely to multigame etc and if you lose one you lose one, we try win and thereā€™s good standard but we (usually) wonā€™t cry if something goes bad cause thereā€™s plenty more to come

Donā€™t know if that makes sense but itā€™s how I look at it, it also allows a lot more experimental setups like this one or starvs last Harry potter game that can be fun but itā€™s unclear balance wise to start

Every single one of my games are extremely well balanced.

The ISO button must be fuxxored, because when I try to ISO DKDK from the top post I get nothing.

2 Likes

Yeah but your last one was very experimental you have to agree

They only have 1 post check the op it shows posts per player in topic