M17 “Gold Rush” Game Thread [No Contest]

Not the best

*the previous game not games

What do you think the best strategy is?

The best (and only) way to play is to catch people on technicalities that they don’t judge to be important, and speed wagon them to kingdom come.

WHOA I completely forgot this was a thing

sorry for that everyone, hello hello

give me about an hour to catch up

thank

1 Like

This is a reasonably succinct way of explaining how star plays, its fairly old but afaik his philosophy hasn’t meaningfully changed

2 Likes

I thought you were dead

But then I realized it’s d1 this game

1 Like

Please stop talking about ongoing games that aren’t this game

That’s not a suggestion

3 Likes

one thing I’d like to request. If you ever end up rereading the thread, verify if what I said is true or not. It’s not like I don’t do the “objectively townie” stuff, it’s not like I’m a player who would be hard to defend if scum cared about me. Me not getting support just means that no one has any motivation to do so

meh

figured.

that’s the main reason why I’m not pushing you right now
despite blindly tunneling me without a word of explanation and ignoring the thread-state, you seem to actually believe that what you’re doing is “good” in some way

it’s kinda funny tbh

VOTE: andrev

I’m starting to believe that my entire read on orange might have been based on wrong assumptions. I played with them on another forum once and remembered them as way different than how they are in here
they were active, pushed people with explanations and idk…

but the more I look at their posts here, the more it seems like they’re just chilling altogether, which might be more indicative of their mood than alignment

or the site meta altogether

I’d like to say that them not caring about what’s going on is townie… but considering the fact that the only serious wagon rn is on me and no one seems to be even trying to push anyone who could be his scummate, that’s really not that helpful

Whatever.

——

I still think that Laser’s attitude was townie.

StarV is tunneled as heck but they seem to care about what they’re doing. It doesn’t really feel as if they’re trying to coast after managing to manipulate the townies onto an easy mis-kill… if I were to place my bet, they don’t really feel like scum? xd

it’s incredibly hard to get reads when the players aren’t willing to interact with each other but IF I WERE TO GUESS, gun to the head- EricH sounds tonally fine

so that leaves me with a PoE of 4 scum among:

[EricKline, Nanook, Squirrel, gellnick, JKBear331, Andresvmb, clonedcheese, waxton, GoalkeeperBoss, jletendre]

…not perfect

considering my death as a town-death (obvious from my pov, from yours valid only if it happens), I’d look for scum among the ones coasting the most

There is likely 0-1 scum on my wagon (trying to get a mis-kill) [Squirrel2412, Andresvmb]
and at least 2-3 off it, using the opportunity to avoid attention [jletendre, GoalkeeperBoss, Nanook, EricKline, gellnick, JKBear331, clonedcheese, waxton]

among the PoE the one who pinged me the most till now was andrev… but it’s not like I have an explanation
nor any sort of “decent” reasoning

if you want to create a counterwagon among the people above, I will most likely sheep
if not, I guess not
I already did more than needed here
just kill me lol

if you want to eliminate gellnick, I can sheep

…you know XD

you will probably feel kinda dumb if you start teaching people how to get reads and end up having dead-tunneled a townie

you should consider doing that only AFTER I flip lmao

(no offense)

My bad

To anyone who’s played with @ejjinami - do they fake obvious townslips as scum?

I’ve played with them a bit but I think only as town

1 Like

hey squirrel, orange since you seem to be online

any opinions on [jletendre, GoalkeeperBoss, Nanook, EricKline, gellnick, JKBear331, waxton, andresv]?

1 Like

jltendre null

Never played with em before, also 2 posts so I got no clue

GKB null
EricKline null
JK null
waxton null

All of them haven’t posted since first irl day 1 and in my experience with them those posts are nai

I think there might be a case for some of them being town based on how checked out they are from thread, but I won’t call them town until they’ve posted more

gellnick maf/pr

Behavioral tell from a past game

Nanook
Andresv

I gtg but I’ll get to them later

1 Like

UNVOTE

Votecount as of post #350

Ejjinami (4): orangeandblack5, EricH, Squirrel2412, andresvmb

waxton (2):GoalkeeperBoss, jletendre

Gellnick (1): Erickline

StarV (1): Gellnick

Andresvmb (1): ejjinami

Orangeandblack5 (1):Nanook

Not Voting (5): StarV, laserlab, JKBear331, clonedcheese, waxton,

——

Got a vaccine appointment (first dose) coming up within the hour, so I would be unable to respond while I am in the midst of that. Sorry for any inconvenience this might cause.

Why did you unvote?

download

1 Like