M19 - Doc14

Welcome to M19 “Doc14, featuring robots,” hosted by @Arete .

This is a Chief Delphi community game – anyone can join, but the playstyle and volume level will likely be more typical of other Chief Delphi games rather than typical M451 games. (Historically, Chief Delphi games have often had a few thousand posts.)

The game will be “flavored” around fictional robots. If you want to request a specific fictional robot you can DM me privately, otherwise I’ll assign you one. Flavor will be NAI and non-role-indicative.

Game notes

• The game will start when full. If we can’t get 14 players, we may run a modified 10p version of the setup, if everyone agrees.
  • The game will have 48/24 phases, with EoD scheduled at 2022-06-30T01:00:00Z on the relevant day.
  • The Town win condition is “Eliminate all members of the Mafia.” The Mafia win condition is “Reach parity with the Town.”
  • Executions will be by both majority and plurality.
  • No-elimination is a valid vote.
  • In the case of a tie between no-elimination and some number of other options, no-elimination will have priority; in all other cases of ties, mafia will decide who is eliminated. Mafia may presubmit how they wish ties to be decided. In the event that they do not submit this and no mafia members are around to decide the outcome of the tie, the tie will be broken such that a town member is eliminated if possible, and otherwise randomly decided.
  • Votes will be locked in LyLo (eliminate-correctLY or LOse) scenarios but not in MyLo (eliMinate incorrectlY and LOse) scenarios – that is, votes are locked when town must eliminate a member of the mafia to avoid a loss, but not locked if Town can mechanically no-eliminate and still win.
  • The Mafia nightkill is compulsive (must target a living player every night) and may only target town. If the Mafia do not submit a nightkill, it will be randomized among valid targets.
  • The Doctor may not self-target or target the same player two nights in a row.

Role List

1x Town Doctor
10x Vanilla Town
3x Mafia Goon

Rules: From Chief Delphi
  1. Follow the Chief Delphi and Mafia451 forum rules.
  2. Be respectful to the hosts and your fellow players. Attacking other players in a personal manner is strictly forbidden.
  3. Don’t throw the game. Always play with the intent of helping your faction win.
  4. Don’t be inactive. If you do not post meaningfully within 24 hours or at least five times in any given phase, you will be prodded. Receiving two prods or failing to respond to a prod within 12 hours will result in your removal from the game. Zero-posting in a given day phase that does not end early to majority will result in your immediate removal from the game. Attempts to “prod dodge” by barely meeting this limit are discouraged.
  5. Do not discuss the game outside of the game. Anywhere. It’s not worth it.
  6. No editing or deleting posts for any reason without express moderator permission.
  7. No posting after the majority is reached or at night. Repeated or egregious failure to comply will result in your removal from the game.
    8: Do not quote/screenshot private host messages. They’re private for a reason.
    9: Angleshooting is strictly prohibited. This involves any and all methods outside of the game thread that may help determine a player’s alignment, including your own. If this occurs accidentally, PM the hosts. If this occurs intentionally, it may be considered cheating. Since this is not a standard rule on M451, if you are unsure what qualifies, please ask privately in your role PM.
  8. Keep the thread clean of outside influence. Dead players cannot interact with those alive in any way, including liking posts in the game thread, or voting in polls. Living players, likewise, should direct all questions to the hosts through PMs, rather than just pinging them in the thread. No vote counts will be given by the dead, nor will they end the day.
  9. Do not edit the OP for any reason without host permission. If you believe you can make a positive contribution, PM the hosts first.
  10. It’s a game - have fun!
Sample Role PMs

Baymax, Vanilla Town

You are Baymax, Vanilla Town. Your only weapons are your voice and your vote.
Eliminate all members of the Mafia.

Baymax, Town Doctor

You are Baymax, Town Doctor. Every night, you may target a player, protecting them from kills that night.
Eliminate all members of the Mafia.

Baymax, Mafia Goon

You are Baymax, Mafia Goon. You and your partners share an assigned factional kill, which must be used every night.
Reach parity with the Town.

Other notes

Please make sure to read all the rules of this site as well, some of them are quite different from Chief Delphi’s.
Links to helpful information are below.

• Any additional questions can be asked below.
3 Likes

Thanks for setting up @Arete :slight_smile:

CD MAFIA RETURNS

3 Likes

good flavor already

2 Likes

idk why it’s all baymax but aight

Don’t forget to send me this!

Hmmmm

I’m not saying I’m incapable of thinking of flavor but theoretically if someone needed help on flavor what should their flavor be

well

if this hypothetical person was a fan of marvel movies then they could hypothetically consider flavor related to that

1 Like

/in

W a h o o

1 Like

Until EOD1…

When you manage to be miselimed. Again. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

(Or star wars related flavor)

1 Like

Shall be fun!

1 Like

/in (already did the button press-y thingy)

1 Like

I haven’t played Mafia in 4 months. Let’s see just how rusty I am.

1 Like

My second real chief Delphi game??? This time not on cd edition??? This time not claim pr d1 edition?? This time post more than 4 times edition???

2 Likes

ur not invited

Ok lil buddy

So true

1 Like

Wait until they hear about MyLo

Eliminate correctMY or LOse
ggez next