Welcome to M17 “Gold Rush”.
This game is brought to you by the Chief Delphi community and will be orchestrated by myself @quin. The game will be starting soon stay tuned. There are no restrictions on who can join this game with respect to being formed for a subsection of this community, but it has been known that the post count can get quite high (~5k posts total in the game).
Rules: From Chief Delphi
1: Follow the Chief Delphi forum rules.
2: Be respectful to the hosts and your fellow players. Attacking other players in a personal manner is strictly forbidden.
3: Don’t throw the game. Always play with the intent of helping your faction win.
4: Don’t be inactive. If you do not post meaningfully within 24 hours or at least five times in any given phase, you will be prodded. Receiving two prods or failing to respond to a prod within 12 hours will result in your removal from the game. Attempts to “prod dodge” by barely meeting this limit are discouraged.
5: Do not discuss the game outside of the game. Anywhere. It’s not worth it.
6: No editing or deleting posts for any reason without express moderator permission.
7: No posting after the majority is reached or at night. I can’t lock the thread, so I’m relying on you all to just follow this rule and not post. Repeated or egregious failure to comply will result in your removal from the game.
8: Do not quote/screenshot private host messages. They’re private for a reason.
9: Angle Shooting is strictly prohibited. This involves any and all methods outside of the game thread that may help determine a player’s alignment, including your own. If this occurs accidentally, PM the hosts. If this occurs intentionally, it may be considered cheating.
10: Keep the thread clean of outside influence. Dead players cannot interact with those alive in any way, including liking posts in the game thread, or voting in polls. Living players, likewise, should direct all questions to the hosts through PMs, rather than just pinging them in the thread. No vote counts will be given by the dead, nor will they end the day.
11: Do not edit the OP for any reason without host permission. If you believe you can make a positive contribution, PM the hosts first.
12: It’s a game - have fun!
Vanilla Town X9
This role grants no additional gameplay ability to the player.
This role allows this specific player to heal one specific player each night by typing
In their role card.
Town Motion Detector
This role allows the player to detect motion acted upon or by a player of your choosing. To select the player type
In your role card.
Town One shot Vigilante
This role allows this specific player to shoot a specific player at night. Shots can only be fired from night 2 onward. To shoot a specific player type
in their role card.
This role allows for the blocking of any active night action that is attempted by the player targeted. To perform this action type
in a role card or a joint faction chat.
Mafia Goon X2
This role grants the player access to a joint faction chat with fellow members of the factor and the ability to perform joint faction tasks. To perform said task type
In their role card or a joint faction chat.
This game will be a 15p setup.
It will consist of 36 hour days and 12 hour nights with the start of day one being as soon as possible at 13:00 ADT
With a town to mafia distribution of 12:3
All night actions are mandatory (other than roles with limited uses) and if they are not submitted by 12:00(noon) ADT, they will be randomly selected and the final hour will be for the player/faction to change or confirm.
If any type of block is placed upon a player that affects the result of their night actions, they will be notified in the manner of a null result. If the role cannot be given a null result then they would be notified that their action has failed whatever it was. If the block had no effect upon said person there would be no message that would communicate that result.
• To accuse someone, the hammer button at the top of the reply box is to be used and said person’s name would be added where it states “name” or “NoElim” could be added to vote to eliminate no that day.
• The host will give current vote counts whenever they are available to do so. As well the gavel at the bottom of any post has the vote count from at the time of that point.
• Votes are automatically locked in at LyLo (Elim or lose) and may not be changed once placed
• Every day will have a deadline elimination - whoever has the most votes when day ends will be eliminated
• Starting Day 2, if a majority number of votes is reached on a player, the day will end immediately with their elimination
• It will be made public when the game is in LyLo (when anything but a correct elimination will lead to Mafia victory)
• Mafia may communicate at any time
• Mafia share a factional night kill, which is a single shot for their faction
• Mafia factional kills are mandatory - they must submit a target every night
• Mafia factional kills are assigned to the play who submits the kill. If the kill is randomly selected by mod/mods then the executioner will also be randomly selected. Count as a visit for that player.
• The Town wins when all Mafia are dead
• The Mafia win when they match or exceed the number of remaining Town players and have ensured this cannot be undone
Please make sure to read all the rules of this site as well, some of them are quite different from Chief Delphi’s.
Links to helpful information are below.
- Any additional questions can be asked below.
- Flavour theme would be non existent.