LAPD Dead Thread

the quick lynches are irrelevant, you have to make sure everyone could viably submit an action before starting day.

Like, I’m not arguing the philosophy of always playing slow nights because it discourages town from steamrolling through the game… But if town want to steam roll through the game, why not? Putting in a deterrent of “well, you’ll have to wait 24 hours before you have to play again” seems like a lazy solution to a problem that is driven by the players play style.

long term I see this is as a software issue, there are probably two game modes:

1. Start day at a normalized time, e.g. closest noon est that’s at least 24 hours away.

2. Accelerated nights possible - all players have to submit an action or click an accelerate night button. Day starts when all submitted or at set time if not all submitted.

Now you’re assuming that not everybody could have viably submitted an action when the example Doggoplays was using as someone who could not have in fact did. So I’m really confused. Like, anyone could have viably submitted an action.

how do you know phraze could have viably submitted an action

How do you know he couldn’t?

Say she on a flight.
Say she provides proof no internet.
etc.

Right, but we’re engaging in hypothetical situations which in my view don’t take away from the gameplay because you can’t confirm whether or not said person was active… Therefore the situation is no different regardless of when the day is started from your PoV and you should play similarly (or dependent on whoever is online at the time - which is what happened).

You can confirm with probabilistic certainty.

It’s the same reason why role pm screenshots aren’t allowe…they could be photoshopped but we’ve deciding that’s an unpleasant road to take things.

Like the confirmation that Jake couldn’t have possibly been online?

Let’s say there’s one scum left and I’m a vt and you accelerate and I provide proof I was on a flight and thus am not scum.

Or proof that I haven’t been on the internet during that period through some semi-reasonable sounding means.

Don’t get me wrong, you’re saying unanimous confirmation is needed, I think majority confirmation is needed. I understand everything you’re saying and that’s ok to disagree on imo.

The fact is your argument that the game would have simply played differently at a different time with different people online is stupid, because the same people could have been online and it could have played similarly. Making excuses of how the game should or could have played is just non-sense. A player (like you) could leave night actions up to their teammates all the time and never comment in the thread or in scum chat, it doesn’t mean you can’t be scum.

And your argument is now shifting and that is a good reason why scum shouldn’t vote to accelerate the game in some situations, but they did. So if someone gets cleared by it, sucks to be them.

Say this (maj confirmation) clearly in signups/rules in the future if you’re using it.

:man_shrugging: I’ve always used it, suddenly town puts themselves in a bad situation and now it’s the worst thing ever and needs to be put in bold capital letters so that people know to stay away because town might kill themselves.

I must have missed that you’ve always done this. I’ve messaged other hosts about accelerating night without unanan before.

Make sure to wear your training wheels while playing in my games because some things might be unexpected.

That quicklynch on a PR tho.

But yeah, my pro tip is, if you don’t want fast start or you’re unsure if it’ll negatively affect the game, don’t vote for it :thinking:, and if you’re part of a team, tell them not to vote for it rather than being intentionally afk from the scum chat :thinking:.

I agree @JakeTheWolfie especially given that you basically claimed D2 LOL.