LAPD Dead Thread

anyway really not expecting things to change at this point, I’ve just never really seen something like this happen before and I don’t know if I want to ever see it again and I probably won’t sign up for any game where something like this is even a possibility.

um I disagree with your assessment entirely, and in fact knowing this makes me think that the current system is even more unfair since Jake hasn’t been online since the start of day 2 and thus had no chance to relay his information? idk, he hasn’t posted in the thread at least?

like this current momentum fucked Jake, and I don’t see how any of that is his fault and I don’t know why you’re blaming him.

or blaming it on town in general or w/e

it’s definitely town’s fault for quicklynching, it’s not as if he’d have a chance to post in-thread if we waited 24h…

That’s also incorrect, Jake submitted night actions every night and posted on day 2 about his check (playing some sort of gambit).

The fact is, if 2 town are playing poorly with 7 alive, then town deserves whatever negative side effects come from those town playing poorly (be it quick lynches or straight up losing the game)

but you’re also not even giving a chance for absent town players to even play for them to turn things around.

I understand how it feels, but I have no control over the time from which the thread opens till the time it closes, only from the time it closes to the time it opens (which is a time they can’t post anyway). Like, town lynched a PR through claim (which could have been verified) which also happened to be an unclaimed lover into vig shot of a VT into double quick lynch.

The evidence points to town playing really poorly and getting lucky that mafia shot itself. Town deserves to have lost this game already, and that has nothing to do with the night cycle. Sure, maybe the longer night cycle gives town an opportunity to cool off and figure out what’s what… But it’s not the mod’s responsibility to ensure that town doesn’t self-destruct, especially when they ask to keep going.

And there was a 72 hour day timer each day. I’m not saying I couldn’t have helped the situation, I’m just saying that I believe that townies tend to look for external excuses for playing poorly rather than to just play a good game and as a mod, I don’t really feel the need to help them find their game.

Jake is someone who didn’t like the speedy night 2 post. in fact, you only had 3 people like the speedy night 2 post, which is a clear minority so I’m not sure why the speedy night went through even if all actions were in.

It kinda seemed weird to ask people to like or not like and then not even go with a majority there.

You keep talking as though Jake didn’t have a PR. He could hold the day start hostage for up to 24 hours if he wanted to, so I’m not sure how this is even a valid example. I calculated the majority based on who liked and who submitted actions.

ftr I agree more with doggo than not on nights in that vt’s should also have to submit a blank action everytime if you want to accelerate

1 Like

I can see that, I don’t really mind either way, because like I said, I don’t consider quick lynching to be my responsibility to manage. Like, I think the only argument to make of someone who was really negatively affected by this is Phraze… But yeah, Jake posted and submitted Night actions each time and every other VT posted during the day phases to quick lynch.

Like, I get the argument of including everyone, but if you’re going to wait for everyone, you might as well not even ask.

If you’re going based purely off of actions, then why even make a post each night saying “like this for speedy night”?

bleh. this is just a weird game and I’m having a weird day. all gg w/e happens, just is weird.

Because some people are VT.

so you’re trying to get VT’s to reveal they are VTs in the thread by liking a public post?

If some people are VT, you can just ask them privately instead.

again, no biggie this time, but bleh.

1 Like

that’s already a good enough argument imo.

Well, I don’t mind either way, probably should let people know how you intend to do it from the get go though. Managing expectations etc.

Right, but my point is, if town plays the same way, he is equally negatively affected, only over the span of 2 irl days of mafia rather than 1.

You fundamentally can’t assume the same things happen if day starts at a different time with a different set of people available.

1 Like

Like, the reason we’re talking about this is the quick lynches.

Which, I can see the philosophy of not wanting to speed up the game because it could lead to town building a faster momentum, but that’s also majorly on the town for not waiting for their fellow townies to check in.

If anything, town is playing with more information.

And you fundamentally can’t assume that something different would happen on a different day.