LAPD Dead Thread

UNUSUAL

1 Like

I actually think this set up could play as an open set up, Iā€™m not 100% sure how it would play out, but it could be interesting given that there are many anti-claim mechanics (of course, if you know those anti-claim mechanics, you just need to wait till the person preventing you from claiming is dead).

@DoggoPlays

Seriously @Doggoplays stop posting in the thread.

@Ellibereth seriously fix your site or tell your hosts like @StarV to actually tag people in their dead posts. if either the game actually jumped me to the last unread post or if starv actually tagged me in the dead post, this wouldnā€™t be a problem. Also, the notification for this dead thread didnā€™t even appear for me until after starv tagged me here.

sorry for the deadposts though, rip :[

Yeah, i missed that part

Donā€™t most sites have no in thread mechanism to send you where you last finished reading? Like, I hate to be the one to defend Elli or the site, but Iā€™ve never run into this problem and I donā€™t always create dead threads, so I donā€™t fully understand what went wrong.

RIP this site bug. I donā€™t see how yelling at me actually solves anything when I didnā€™t even say anything of game value, but w/e it be done.

logging in for the first time in a day, having literally having a single ping on the site that takes me to the start of day 2 and not to deaths, not having any notifications of a dead chat is weird and glitchy and w/e.

literally every game Iā€™ve played on this site takes me to the last unread post via a notification, and it works that way on like EVERY site??? idk wut youā€™re going on about this not being a thing. it is a thing. heck, most sites you can click on a thread youā€™ve read without a notification and it will still take you to any new posts since your last visit.

I was literally on the main page here on 451. I have notifications for new messages in the thread turned on. I refreshed the main page, only one notification appeared and it was for the LAPD thread, it took me to the post after the dead post. All my other notifications didnā€™t start appearing until starv tagged me here, at which point I got the tag notification and the dead thread notification.

Itā€™s all good man, no one is getting upset, itā€™s an honest mistake and Iā€™m sure Elli will take the feedback and try to get key to fix it.

1 Like

Welcome Jake.

lol these quicklynches

Also, Iā€™m going to say that yada-ing 2 whole days and a night cycle in the course of like 4 hours (and maybe even another night and day soon if this keeps up) is something that you should consider not doing in the future.

A number of players havenā€™t even been online during the this time, and this level of fastforwarding is very detrimental to them. A number of us did want quick nights, but I certainly had no way of knowing quick nights actually meant ā€œwell, the game is on turbo like a chatroom mafia now.ā€ A few people didnā€™t like the fast night post too, I think.

I really donā€™t know how fair such a sudden speed up actually is to the players who arenā€™t able to be online right now :confused:

I agree, town shouldnā€™t lynch players 5 minutes into the day on a 5-0 and 4-0 unanimous vote.

Town can still do this on long nights, which is easier to follow for someone whoā€™s inactive, but equally difficult impossible to play. I might throw in a longer night just to kill the momentum, but I feel like players should be able to dictate the momentum of the game if they really want toā€¦

And I know Iā€™m dead now, but me checking the thread at like 1 PM was a rare thing to do and normally I wait until night to even check this site. If I survived that night and then died in a later lynch or something, Iā€™d probably think the game screwed me over.

the problem is you have some players who are completely steamrolled by this momentum.

sure, you can blame it on the players for 5 minute lynches and the players do have the right to do that. But basically TWO FULL lynch cycles over the course of a few hours is not really a good thing for players with different schedules, and this could be completely stopped with stepping back and making a night longer.

For instance, Jake essentially had a red check on day 2 if he just was able to get people to claim their hair color as the two players who had the color he was looking for were scum.

Him not getting that information out and subsequently getting lynched is majorly on the town not playing well (and the fact that it was technically LyLo and scum were pushing the lynch quickly).