2 Likes

Can you stop.

fakeguilty in teammafia

on town

:[

it made me and eddie cane very sad

eddie cane was in that game

1 Like

Yeah Tor was in my team and we were not happy with that either. I forget if town won that game.

They did

1 Like

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=9941592#p9941592

when they take a guilty the only counter is faking an inno

1 Like

Thor has always been known as a strong player. I’m surprised at the resistance against him.

I would prefer we keep interviews to top players for an educational purpose (so no Elli interview, for example).

This please except I’d be okay with an Elli interview.

Like Thor is fine though I do agree with Fire’s point it IS nice to see new play styles. Except it should say something about the playstyle that if these strong players are known for being strong, maybe their playstyle is effective and that your playstyle is trash?

I have some interviews lined up with newer players. I’m not sure that automatically equates to new play styles, but it might. I also want to touch bases with some other communities outside of MS/MU/related groups with strong mafia players and games.

I feel Thor is strong and I like him as a player. That’s the gist.

I didn’t get that impression at all from his performance in Gunner Mafia…then again that game was a spamfest and he probably had trouble keeping up.

I asked him to replace in to Civ 5 mafia with me. He was wonky since at the point he came in, there was a lot of mechanics thrown at him, and it was a 100+ game, but once he was caught up, he correctly pushed the final scum. I just feel like he plays a by the book playstyle that I really do appreciate and feel can help me balance myself from going too crazy.

I have not read his gunner mafia play though, I should probably check that.

1 Like

Elli was in that game…scum imploded on themselves.

1 Like

If I was still apart of another offsite community I could suggest some people there BUUUUUUUUUUUT I kinda left it because when I told them that nightstart and a mafia faction with an SK and Cult faction and Fake guns/vests were aids, I got met with pitchforks and a lot of hate.

Thor in general is a strong player and an interview with him would be cool. tn I don’t think you have the ability to recongize what is good play and what isn’t :stuck_out_tongue:

I have some ideas. I know a few people who play mafia on the team liquid forum.

It’s kind of hard to judge a players skill in a spamfest, considering lurking is the optimal strat in those scenarios. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think there have been well developed metrics on what “strong play” actually means and people in general are not that good at evaluating themselves and others.

I’d even venture to say outside of a few outliers in both directions almost everyone is at around the same skill level - including some people that players intuitively think are much better or much worse than them.

Most players likely have huge misconceptions about at least one area of the game that they’re not aware of and that obviously skews opinions elsewhere. Since I like chess analogies - imagine someone analyzing and evaluating play with the assumption that a knight is always worth more than a rook - as ridiculous as that sounds that’s exactly what often happens in mafia.

Anyway the above was one of the motivations for writing the series I’m going to be writing so you guys will hear a lot more about this there.

In terms of the Interview Series itself - as she alluded to in the OP, Ffery and I are working on a “preface” of sorts to talk more about it and provide some background to the project.

For now I’ll just say this: Mafia at it’s core is about understanding other people, and how they think about and approach things. There’ll always be some value and something to learn from reading about someone else who’s invested in their play. Consider a more extreme example - listening to the newest of players talk about how they think the game operates gives us a potential gateway to understanding how other similarily new players could think.

1 Like