Help us get better at scumplay

1. Literally troll while you’re town so when you’re scum you can also troll and cause confusion. You lose alot of town games but people cant read your scum games which is what the game is about.

The only really effective ways to be “better scum” I’ve seen also involve being bad town.

I hate that.

2 Likes

People have a tendency to give town centric advice or have a town siding viewpoint which is never helpful to a wolf.

A certain person said the day is just for the town and the night is just for wolves and I am paraphrasing. I arg (discussed) that the day is for all alignments and that his perspective showed he was favoring town. The wolves need the day to get the town to kill each other. The night is a period to reflect about the game for the town if they chose

1 Like

Basically support everything Rob has said itt

I’ve seen people on mafiascum talk about what phase length favors who but I don’t remember the data/conclusions drawn.

How do you think the results would sway if that were shortened or lengthened?

At a guess I think the shorter deadlines probably produce or attract more active players, which probably makes it harder for scum to win

im on the side that lengthy days benefit scum but mafia in general should be balanced to favor scum so :woman_shrugging:

I think there’s a curve where long deadlines favors scum with newer players and then favors town with very experienced ones at the very end but not sure how it looks in the middle.

48/24 I think is a good ratio. Gives scum enough time to push motions but not for town to figure everything out

thats too short imo.

48 hour deadlines kill me as either alignment.

2 Likes

Oh added benefit

What do you feel comes out of the extra day?

it’s nice to sit back and consider information without feeling pressured to constantly be posting. I don’t have to be super active every day which means I can have other hobbies and enjoy other activities.

1 Like

That’s kinda the point though. Less hours means less posts to wade through.

It also makes the game unplayable for me, and I’m sure at an absolute minimum Nanook agrees with me.

I sign up for games to play an hour or two a day, with some crunch time near deadlines. I do not want to have to play 6 hours a day for a single game because the deadline isn’t long enough.

Those kinds of games are just too much commitment for me to join. They require too much time, too often.

In my experience, less time to posts tends to equate to more posts per hour and a much higher rate of posting overall, as there isn’t time for people to sit back and think about the game.

72 hours is a decent sweet spot for me because I almost certainly have 1 or 2 blocks of time to sit down and think about a game in 3 days but there are definitely periods of 2 days where that isn’t the case.

1 Like

I mean there’s a whole other discussion there, and potentially personal preference because you can still just do deadlines so not sure the real issue there, but the reason I brought it up and the topic of the discussion was, would shorter days help the scum on this site?