Eyes Mafia - Day (Game Over!)

VC 2-2 Final

Josh: 4 (Nanook, Nix, Josh, shadow)

Not Voting: 2 (NotMafia)

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch

Deadline: July 24, 2018 6:00 AM (Europe: Paris), July 23, 2018 9:00 PM (America: Los Angeles)

Topic will auto-lock 30 minutes after deadline.

Links
Day 1 Start: Eyes Mafia - Day 1
Day 2 Start: Eyes Mafia - Day 1

Mod Notes:

A Lynch Has Been Achieved!

Josh was a Mafia Goon

Town Wins!

Topic reopened! PTS and stuff to come shortly!

lolrip

First, I want to apologize to the players. When I picked two setups to choose from, I wanted the choices to be appealing to players in different ways, but I think having a somewhat townsided game among the picks means that most players will logically pick that setup because it improves the odds of winning, given the odds of drawing town. I thought this was somewhat ameliorated by playerlist size, but it’s not enough.

As this game unfolded, it quickly became a perfect storm of everything possible going wrong for the scum team.

Thanks for hosting fferyllt! And good game everyone.

Don’t worry about the balance, next time you’ll know that maybe this one is a bit townsided.

Roles
Josh - Mafia Goon
sheepsaysmeep - Mafia Rolecop
Shadow - Town Tracker
Nix - Town Vanilla
Ellibereth - Town Vanilla
NotMafia - Town Vanilla
Nanook - Town Watcher

Player/Night Action Night 1
Josh - Mafia Goon - kill Kill Ellibereth - succeeds
sheepsaysmeep - Mafia Roleblocker ded
Shadow - Town Tracker Track Nanook - succeeds
Nanook - Town Watcher Watch Ellibereth - succeeds

Dead Thread: Eyes Closed - Dead Thread
Mafia Thread: Eyes Mafia PT

Hard to really judge the balance from this run I think, cause just about everything that could go wrong for the scum did…and I’m not sure what else they could’ve done. Like, sure, they could’ve not killed Elli…but Elli was a good kill not knowing who the watcher or tracker were, and a 2/5 chance to kill the watcher or tracker, so I can’t come down too hard on them for that. They just got really, really unlucky this time around.

Thanks for the kind words! I think I’ll go back to my roots and do some flavoricious closed setups for a few games.

fwiw this setup is definitely townsided

@fferyllt thanks for hosting!!!

I don’t disagree, I’m just saying that I don’t think it’s necessarily “sweep every game” townsided. You guys just ran into a lot of bad luck/the buzzsaw that is Elli playing as town.

I’m thinking about doing a high-flavor sf-based role-heavy game next time similar to the the Edgar Allen Poe game I ran a couple years ago.

Maybe something like Ender’s Game. Or Deep Space Nine.

I’m already in for a DS9 game

:stuck_out_tongue:

sheep <3

ur my hero/celebrity i look up to etc etc

I’ll try another game here later this summer. For now I’m signed up for enough elsewhere but I’d like to play again here.

Out of curiosity, do you have any games that involve more analysis, discussion, and behavioural scumhunting here? Personally I prefer vanilla games or those with well thought out twists, where it’s all about asking questions to other players and deducing things from that.

I haven’t seen any vanilla here, but there have been some interesting twists. Brass and shrapnel, the first game I played here, had an interesting setup that rewarded both traditional scumhunting and puzzle solving: Brass & Shrapnel Mafia - Game Over!

It wasn’t the best played game, but it’s along the lines of what you’re describing, I think.