Espionage - Game 1 - Over

VOTE: Key

I can not be more suspicious of northsidegal, simply because one of the things I’d consider doing as a Spy would be finding a reason to vote for someone and then contacting the same person. It’s a fair way to signal.
That paranoia aside, it’s not all bad. I particularly like, “oh great, getting shaded again …” I felt the tone of that was townie.

I like StarV more today. Putting the three posts together helps. I’m starting to understand the thought process. Something still feels, “not quite right” but I’m hoping that the feeling fades or I can quantify it if it grows over the next few phases. I’m definitely not comfortable voting Star at the moment.

I’m also losing my gut read on Screen as I don’t think may phase 1&2 scream “obv town” and I don’t think I’ve shown a lot of “game thought process”. However, Screen does have a pretty good read on me in video mafia and he may be feeling confident that he can figure me out easily here.

I like beeboy straight shooting for Not Mafia. I don’t think it’s alignment indicative, but I like it.

I love Urist and I’m completely in that pocket.

I’m not a fan of Key. I’m also slightly surprised there have been no contact attempts there. If Key’s not contacted in this phase I think I want to eliminate Key. I find it very hard to believe that two Spies have not tried to contact Key in their first three contacts given the posts so far. Now that I’ve typed that out it feels stupid, but I think there’s something in people who are being widely scum-read or at least not town-read not being contacted. There’s only half the chance for them to be contacted if they are a Spy after all.

I kind of want Not Mafia gone for chocolate teapot reasons.

I’m going to hold my vote for now. Tomorrow onwards I’m going to start actively looking at making cases to build towards our first elimination though.

• Agent Colin

Phase 4 Votes:

NotMafia (2): beeboy, Urist
Key (2): StarV, Srceenplay
northsidegal (1): Key

Not Voting (3): northsidegal, NotMafia, Colin

Someone tried to contact StarV
Someone tried to contact Key

The order contact attempts are shown is random.

A list of all contact attempts has been added to the OP. (You can jump directly to the op by clicking on the date at top of the topic timeline, in this case Feb 21, or with the appropriate link in the header i-button.)

Phase 5 ends 2019-02-27T05:00:00Z.

If anyone will have trouble with the deadline because of the late start today let me know.

RESET

A clarification:

Note the “first”.

If Ellibereth and chesskid are the spies and if

chesskid contacts Ellibereth
Ellibereth contacts fferyllt

chesskid is informed that Ellibereth is a spy.

However if any phase after the above Ellibereth contacts chesskid, Ellibereth is NOT informed that chesskid is a spy until succesful contact.

i’m not sure i actually have anything new to say. my scumpool is still roughly {key, beeboy, srceenplay} with nm as a wildcard.

it’s interesting to me that there are two players (beeboy, urist) that have yet to be contacted. not entirely sure as to the ramification of this.

i think there’s something weird going on between beeboy / NM.

VOTE: Srceenplay

Okay. I’m fairly scattered this game but I think I’m wrong on NSG and StarV’s post screamed scum.

The numbers are a huuuuge smokescreen that means nothing except for attempting to create an elimination pool which doesn’t include the majority of players who have been contacted. Which seems like scum who knows who their partner is and is trying to protect them. Also backing the idea of eliminating someone contacted twice is just bleeding a set up to contact someone twice and force through votes on them which scum who got the first successful contact would be able to do very easily without endangering their partner. I may be paranoid but if I get contacted again this round, I blame StarV.

Also I said Colin from Liar’s Club, not Mini Mafia - of course he’s from mini mafia look at his avatar, but maybe there’s two mini mafia colins. Idr if he was in the game I played, but I was excited to see him on the forum.

I’m also happy with a NM elimination, mostly because I think bee is town and also has a good head on his shoulders, and I still want that Srceenplay thing to have been real.

VOTE: NotMafia

I think I had another point to make but I don’t remember what it was.

Oh yeah. Urist wrecked me and my scumbuddy in the first discrete mafia with a voting system to ensure a majority via single transferable vote. I would suggest that we do something similar to organise our voting each round. Not sure if it works for this number of players.

I suggest we all post a list each round, and vote according to this plan every round to ensure consolidation unless someone has a good reason for why it won’t work.

I have a headache which may or may not be impacting the quality of this post.
@Starv why not vote Not Mafia? You haven’t given much in terms of thoughts on the topic.
@Keychain we still have mislynches in this setup, and I still think NM did a too scummy to be scum tactic early on. I’ll relook at NSG after this flip, I just don’t see a reason to not move forward with it.
@northsidegal @Srceenplay @Colin sheep me it’s worth it :+1:

I am not sharing strategy I had before the game because I really only had scum strategy and sharing it is stupid. Anyway we should lynch people as we have used half the maximum available days of 13.

VOTE: Not Mafia

When we wagonating the beebster?

@northsidegal I feel like jumping on Screenplay is incredibly scummy especially given that his coded message clearly reads

Ah
Agent
Yes

“NSG CAN B NM TAKEN” I have no idea where this came from.

You’re all over the place with your reads. I’m keeping to my vote on @key for the sake of continuity from my last post and, if we lynch him, then I can solo endgame @northsidegal & @beeboy with relative confidence.

@Key
I’m still putting you 50/50 with @beeboy, but I doubt your partners because @northsidegal is scum.

@beeboy
Seems to be a last minute post, the last minute post seemed to be an agent post based on the mod’s note… I’m thinking @beeboy and @northsidegal are probably the combo, I will be switching my vote to @northsidegal next turn if we can’t get a lynch on @key tonight as individually, it’s more important for me to get confirmation on key than it is to get the correct lynch, if I’m wrong on either @beeboy or @northsidegal, I’ll be surprised, but then I deserve to lose.

@notmafia
Is town because @northsidegal is scum

@Urist
Stop being mad and vote with your head please.

@Screenplay
If not for the coded message, I would be reading you as scum, same reason as @beeboy, but your posts haven’t been overly useful all game for me… At least the coded message did draw a contact to you (I’m assuming that was the intent). The fact that the coded message came out at the same time as the first contact seems to all but guarantee that you’re announcing your own alignment and not the one of a contacted person.

@Colin
More town with every post.

I don’t have a heck of a lot to analyze today that I haven’t already, other than for @Urist, the %chance of @beeboy flipping scum from your perspective is about 67%, same goes the other way for @beeboy towards @Urist… Not sure how you guys are both in agreement right now (oh right, I know… NotMafia is annoying and should not be permitted to play ever)… unless you guys have a strong town read on each other, this makes less than 0 sense. Totally barbaric. In addition, if you townread me, then @key is also about the same % to flip scum.

I’m hoping my last post inspires you all to vote @key, tomorrow I am switching my vote to @northsidegal. If @Urist and @Colin and @Screenplay demonstrate that they are ready to vote @beeboy tomorrow, I will swing my vote there instead, otherwise, it’s @northsidegal for me.

Why @northsidegal over @beeboy? The only reason is to close the debate of @NotMafia vs @northsidegal, otherwise @beeboy is a more likely scum target. I also have a slightly stronger scum read on @northsidegal than I do on @beeboy.

Now… Can we please get a lynch before we all lose?

Additional gameplay note: getting scum to contact you on day 1 is incredibly scummy due to what the OP said in clarification of the rules… But I don’t think @screenplay and @colin necessarily thought of that when they did it, I did not.

Additional notes about contacts: one spies has found the other, there seems to be little reason for anyone to contact me when I am being town read by nearly the entire player pool.

My thought process is @northsidegal went for the strategy of voting for the player that she contacts same day, that would be @colin… And then woops, that brought in a lot of heat, now I’m not sure what to do, that would be @NotMafia… Now @key is her top scum read and it’s none other than @key.

@beeboy sad you didn’t vote day 1 because for him, there could be a narrative that fits voting @northsidegal day 2, contacting day 3… After that, it makes a lot of sense to tunnel @NotMafia if he correctly identified @northsidegal.

In fact, if either @key or @beeboy are scum, then @NotMafia can’t be scum because they know the alignment of both @NotMafia and @northsidegal… That actually solidifies my reads, I don’t think that there is much chance for scum to be found outside of @Key @beeboy and @northsidegal… There is a good chance that this all ends tonight though, if @key is scum, it should 100% end tonight, if @beeboy is scum, he might throw away his vote until @northsidegal confirms on him.

Edit: edit: Actually, @NotMafia actually has some decent reads this game despite terrible posts.

TL;DR let’s kill someone because time is running short. Screenplay’s coded message should remove him from anyone’s scum list even though his play style is annoying, at worst he should be in your “dunno” pile.

:unamused:

So I’m just gonna start my post by saying that the StarV contact was super weird, and is probably indicative of Key being a spy. Two phases ago, Key mentioned that he thought the most likely people to target Srceen are StarV and NotMafia. That phase, NotMafia was contacted, and this past phase, StarV was contacted. I think that Key was claiming his contacts to his scumpartner to make him easier to find. I know that I’m kind of spelling things out for Key’s buddy if this is indeed what’s happening, but since Key was targeted it’s possible that his buddy has already picked up on it. I’m really really hoping that Key gets lynched today, but if not and we go to endgame, I’d be super suspicious of Srceen and Key for reasons that I detailed last phase, as well as the fact that I think Key was signaling that he targeted Srceenplay successfully. It ALSO makes sense that Elli would have to clarify the rules regarding “first spy to contact their buddy gets notified”, if someone (Srceen) thought he had targeted his buddy successfully that night.

If I’m wrong about Key, scum is probably beeboy and NotMafia?? dunno. If I’m wrong about Key the game gets to continue so it doesn’t matter much, but I think I’m right. If we don’t lynch Key today I’m gonna be a sad sad sad urist.

Someone tried to contact StarV
Someone tried to contact Key

well I was wrong thats disapointing.
On the plus side there is no way I’m 100% wrong, so
VOTE: key

A clarification:

Spymaster:

The first spy who successfully targets their partner is privately informed that they’ve successfully targeted their partner.

Note the “first”.

I’m not sure how but this feels like a mod slip.

and North over thunk me.

Maybe not Mafia is the other one?

Assuming StarV is right about Key foreshadowing the contact. Key signalled me P1 and the contact is on me P2, northside P2 and contact P3. I think it’s a bit of a stretch to find any sort of signal for the P4 contact though.

I’ve now wasted too much of my precious time looking for signals from other people and not finding much at all. I’m actually really short on time, so I should have saved that for tomorrow or something.

Anyway, if spies make contact tonight and we enter end-game, logically It’s just beeboy and Urist. However, I really think Urist is town and I think that means one of the spies has made contact already. If that’s true, there’s a chance at seeing a clear in beeboy or Urist today with a double contact.

So I’ve got a little town triangle of me, StarV and Urist.

I think Screen is faking sending coded messages and they’re just nonsense, although I don’t know why he’s continuing to do it because he got a P2 contact already.

I’m running out of time, I’m really sorry that today is so light for me. I’m going to VOTE: Key.

Phase 5 Votes:

Key (4): StarV, Urist, Srceenplay, Colin
NotMafia (2): Key, beeboy
Srceenplay (1): northsidegal

Not Voting (1): NotMafia

THE SPIES HAVE ESTABLISHED CONTACT

Agents, please send me who you think the spies are.

Endgame ends 2019-02-28T05:00:00Z.

northsidegal guesses: Key and beeboy
Key guesses: StarV and northsiedgal
NotMafia guesses: Key and Colin
StarV guesses: Key and Urist
Srceenplay guesses: northsidegal and Key
Colin guesses: Key and beeboy .

The spies were beeboy and Urist.

beeboy and Urist win.

Thanks so much for playing guys! Any feedback (good or bad) will be super appreciated. We want to make this format better.

I’ll have time for more comments later but here are some (hopefully) good changes we’ll have next time (pending feedback):

• 4 votes to eliminate (at both 8 and 7). If a 4-4 tie happens both players are eliminated and either town wins or the game goes straight to endgame.

• Eliminated agents can still win in endgame.

• If spies contact before phase 7, posting phases will continue until either phase 6 or an elimination occurs. If an elimination had happened pre-contact, Endgame happens immediately. Else, Endgame occurs when phase 6 ends or someone is eliminated. Spies no longer need to submit contact targets in the interim.

Been debating whether letting spies self contact is something good to allow too - main concern there is that a spy could more easily signal after they found their partner.

wow yall got wrecked

1 Like

Reason for 1:

Makes it easier for Agents to get the first elimination through. This game may have ended super different if Key had flipped the last phase there - I think at least 2 people would have gotten the spies right with a Key flip.

Reason for 2:

Sucks to lose if you’re eliminated. I was worried not losing if eliminated would motivate agents to get themselves killed but that’s probably not a valid enough reason.

Reason for 3:

Cushion in case spies get lucky,

r.e. lateness

I think the “shit happens so just wait it out” line might just be best short term since I don’t think anyone has ever been more than a day late.

this