Espionage - Game 1 - Over

And for anyone who is wondering, I didn’t throw out my scum read on Urist because we didn’t get a lynch as is… So there was no point in me broadening the pool

Ugh why did I second guess myself on Beeboy?

You were absurdly close to becoming conf-agent on the spy’s second contact. Urist changed off you at the literal last minute.

A little sad that I didn’t follow the logic and guess beeboy and Urist. I actively made a decision not to though. Good game!

Yeah, the fact that the entire game had a townread on Urist made it incredibly likely that he would be the last contacted in the scum checks… Beeboy not so much, I thought Beeboy was the townie mislynch. I just went with the narrative that Urist tried to end the game last turn and failed… and then the fact that northsidegal didn’t vote key despite him being the first on the previous day’s reads through me off as well… I Almost switched to Northsidegal + Key… I think if Urist didn’t include the smiley when talking about lynching Key, I might have been more inclined to view beeboy as scum, but they both seemed like they were trying to talk to each other… Like, I read that situation as Urist being frustrated and saying, contact me before you get lynched…

I would be curious to know why people were throwing shade at screenplay, even voting him on the last round.

And why Key kept trying to get contacted by spies even after the opening round?

Actually, Urist voting Key after Key was contacted would have been a dead giveaway if not for Colin doing the same :confused:

I only tried to get double contacted once in post 34, which was after I started getting worried I’d be eliminated.

Beyond that, I’m not sure what encrypted messages I was putting in outside of “lunchtime is nearly over, I haven’t read anything and I’m going to be at work until the 6pm deadline so this is the only time I have to post”. I wasn’t being very careful.

I think in this setup, you can’t try to be contacted as town because it’s to difficult to read otherwise, that combined with limited posting and scum will probably have to contact you either way… Your chances of double contact exist even if you don’t actively try for it… If anything, actively attempting a contact should not result in a double contact, ever.

Unless you’re @NotMafia

It’s incredibly easy for scum to use the cover of “oh, I was going for the double contact”

1 Like