Discrete/Limited 7p (Over)

DS is town if he didn’t read the past game.
I take back what I said about Rich possibly being scum I am ok with his recent post.

I don’t have time for this phase sorry. :expressionless:

VOTE: Metal

VOTE: Andres

I’m trying to spend 30ish minutes or less on this game every post turn, to see if that’s feasible or not. This is gonna lead to a lot lower content from me than usual, as either alignment. #sorrynotsorry

DS, I like the way he seems like he’s trying to solve the game.

Rich, maybe a slight wolf lean, but then again that rap was a solid response to DS, so. Slight wolf lean is because I’m not a huge talker early in games in video mafia, so I’m not sure why my slim opening contribution should have set him off? If it was based off turn2 posts, sure, I could see that, but off turn1 posts it’s a bit suss to me.

Think gtacc might be scum based off tone.

Beeboy looks similar to Beeboy from last game, admittedly that’s not a read I’d put a ton of stock into since I was scum last game. So light townread there.

Andres punting after the hefty opening post was a little weird, but life happens I guess.

Metal’s probably town and probably scum at the same time and no that isn’t contradictory at all, you are.

Putting a vote on Andres for now, not married to it.

After reading through people’s posts thus far, my reactions are as follows:

@DS: Your rap is cool and all (I did read it carefully), but it doesn’t add anything to the game being played. This wouldn’t be an issue in and of itself if it wasn’t for the fact that you are relying entirely on a read about Beeboy’s “genuiness” to vote him. I have come to appreciate that meta reads are a thing in Mafia, but I always have trouble trusting the people relying on them too heavily.

Being polished is NAI for me. I craft messages carefully as either alignment. What I’ve noticed is that tone tends to give me away far more often than the language of my posts.

Clearly I wasn’t the only one concerned with ending the day with a loss for Town so that counterbalances what I said before. Also, I think you voting early and getting that going is a positive, so my overall lean, despite how you view me, is slightly positive.

@GTacc: You are right that the game I subbed in you were gone already. But I still felt that we played in at least a game together and have some of a feel for your style given that I spent a lot of time re-reading. You describing your Scum style clearly gives me good vibes, and so I don’t think you are Scum here.

I’m a decent Scum, I think. I’m able to hide well behind other people’s reasoning and have an overall decent sense of the game flow. Where I’m still really lacking is in being decisive as Scum in a way that I don’t seem to have trouble with as Town. I have only been Scum once on this site? I’ve been mostly stuck playing Town here.

@beeboy: your first post is weak, but in my mind that’s NAI. Not knowing how to start this game, unless you read the struggles that they had in the first iteration, doesn’t tell me much about your alignment. However, you articulating that we are allowed a mislynch is worrisome - I am concerned about tackling this right from the start and would always look to avoid a mislynch (instead of saying that it’s okay that we can). You say you don’t put much effort into being Scum, and I haven’t been feeling much effort from you, so that doesn’t help? Interesting you are giving that away though.

In general btw, I far and away prefer to play Town. The uncertainty and actually sorting the game is much more rewarding than deceiving people. Good for you for preferring to play Scum.

@Nanook: you seem to be relying quite a bit on your play from the first iteration, which is interesting because weren’t you mislynched there? Maybe I’m remembering that wrong. Some people will see your push for Urist’s voting system as Scummy - I don’t. But mostly because the system itself is what I’m pushing for. What pinged you about my post? It was mostly about structure and not really putting reads out there or anything, so I actually don’t like that. However, it’s not out of character so I’ll withhold judgment for now (there’s also limited content so it’s just hard for me to analyze).

@RichParente: Town read. Your questions are solid and I’m glad we agree. You are also the first to straight up share that you would want to be Scum and are frustrated, and also talk about how to read your game there. Solid Town in my mind. I’ve answered some of your questions I think, but how am I evaluating your alignment from your first post? The curiosity is what tells me your are Town, because you need more information to making reads.

@MetalSonic: Some quick reads, but also very limited content and hard to read based on that. I’m not liking the lack of openness, so I am being pinged by that. However, MS played a very aggressive game as Scum in that game I replaced in, but you can also change your style depending on circumstances (as I’ve also experienced). So overall hard to assess, but negative lean and I’m thinking of voting there.

I ran out of time so hopefully you can figure out my list. After analyzing everybody’s next post I’ll make my final vote and explain my thinking. I’ll look for similar thinking in other people and look for consensus of course.

Scumslip. As town you don’t question how something looks to you. If something looks towny to you, that’s a fact from your perspective. To me, it seems like the only way you would put that question mark there, is if you’re unsure what the ‘town you’ would think about my post.

If you take a dictionary and you search for filler bustering, you will find this exact quote. It doesn’t make you mafia, but mafia is more likely to do it.

This is a scumslip. As town, if you like something, your likening of it is a fact from your perspective. It’s scummy phrasing, because it makes it seem like you are trying to replicate your town thought process. Also, I was scumreading him for low volume/lack of enthusiasm, his second post did nothing to change my mind about him.

Towny opening post right into I can’t post because X is a huge red flag for me. Feeling iffy about my townread on this Andres, gonna revise his position in my list.

This might be MetalSonic town telling. Being unsure about someone’s alignment is a towny trait. So is openly not giving a fuck about the last game. The promise of future gamesolving in her first post wasn’t fulfilled though. There is no substance behind her reads. I still think this slot is scummy, but less so than before, because the no substance thing might just be a playstyle.

I like the thought, even though the read is incorrect. The easiest way to evaluate people’s alignment, is the way they evaluate me, because I have the absolute information I’m town.

That said, I think my first post is the kind of post mafia are more likely to townread me for than actual townies, which is why it’s interesting my 2 scumreads were the most adamant about me being town. Perhaps I was on the right track. Feels good to be spewed town.

Feeling a bit iffy about you being the only player choosing to answer my questions because the majority of people are town. But I’m probably reaching and I shouldn’t think about it. Nothing about your post seems inherently scummy so I’m keeping you as town.

You’re wrong about me writing my post before my role pm. I think you might be projecting because if anyone’s post seems like it’s written before receiving a role PM, it’s yours.

Everything else in your posts screams: “I’m town and I’m solving + working towards our win condition” to me, so I’m ok with you for now.

Rich Parente
DS
beeboy

RedFlavor
Andres
MetalsSonic

Clem

Hi, this “wait 24 hours to see 5 walls” thing is kinda meh to me. Remember, I am not one of the “busy” people this game is meant for, I’m just here to fill the 7th slot. But it seems fun for now. time will tell.

Richparente’s last post is really scummy, and it’s not just only because he’s scumreading me for bullshit reasons. It’s also sounding really fake where he comes up with nonsense reasons on everyone on page 2 and writes a few lines even though there is no actual basis for most reads, just read his reasons for DS. I wouldn’t waste my character count like that if I were town. Amateur powerwolfing but I appreciate the effort

Ds and Andres are locktown for me

Redflavor strong town but not 100%, wont double down on that sadly

Need to wait and see on the others

VOTE: richparente

Phase 1.3 Votes:

beeboy (1): DS
Metal Sonic (1): beeboy
Andresmvb (1): Nanook
RichParente (1): Metal Sonic

Didn’t Vote (3): GTacc, Andresmvb, RichParente

PHASE 1.4 WILL END October 27, 2018 2:00 PM OR WHEN ALL POSTS ARE SUBMITTED.

REMINDER THAT PHASE 1.5 WILL BE THE LAST OF THE DAY, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU’RE AWARE OF HOW EXECUTION/ACTIONS RESOLVE: Discrete/Limited 7p (7/7)

We’ll stick with the 3k character limit.

I missed that Andres’s post was over the character limit - if possible please try to check! We’ll build in a character counter in December.

im really lolling at all of the people thinking that was a rap of mine… umm… have you guys really never heard of A Milli by Lil Wayne? lmfaooo

@Andresvmb : It wasnt a meta read that I had on Beeboy, it was a gut read, which is something that I do often. I have a gift of just being able to inherently soulread people off of things that to other people would probably be really really hard to explain otherwise. However, I dont think im gonna land there day one.

@RichParente : I guess the phrase in your first post where you said “I’ll open with sharing my initial thoughts after receiving my role pm. Pouring my heart out should assist town in discerning my alignment.” Made me think that everything before those first thoughts about your role were written before hand. If thats not the case it may have just been the wording of it. I wouldnt vote you today regardless. With that said: I don’t agree with your decisions on what you are calling “scumslips” - thats just phrasing and while it can be alignment indicative I dont see it in the instances you mentioned.

Can you explain your Clem scum lean?

@GTacc You didnt really mention me at all and yet im someone you would vote? Can you go into more reason why please?

There seems to be a bit of a consensus that MS is scum, and while I kind of am leaning that way as well, I also dont like that there is a bit of a consensus that MS is scum. I could understand a consensus on a potential vote target, but it seems like everyone is coming to the same conclusion and im not entirely sure its the right choice. With 7 players, 2 of which are scum, it would be very easy for 2 players to start a wagon or direct the lynch onto one player without much effort. With that said, I definitely think there may be scum within the no voters at this point and would not be surprised to see a concerted effort to rush a four person vote to hammer early. (Is an early hammer something that can happen? I need to look into the rules) Either way, Look for there to be some vote movements in this phase (the one we are posting in) - and to try and counteract that, Im going to swap my vote to Gtacc.

VOTE: Gtacc

If one of the no voters just tried to hop on the Beeboy lynch after Ive been there for two days with no real movement on it, I could definitely definitely see that no voter as having been scum trying to avoid what is a town lead lynch.

okay ttyl lets see how this phase turns out

Rich Parente, so town cant be indecisive about their reads? Why do you think this way?
You are the person who posted this: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/19303-Emergency-Cop-9er?p=2768560#post2768560
Just check this and what he said about his Amber read, “Its kinda towny”.
If he is saying something that he does as town a scumslip, I’m pretty sure he is scum throwing shit.
Also FTR, Rich Parente used 5 color tones as a town in that game because he was geniune about his reads, but at this game he only uses 3 cause it is harder to sort reads as a wolf, like people can ask “Why this is more scummy than this?”
VOTE: Rich Parente
I also agree with Metal’s read, Rich Parente is trying to powerwolf.
Also if Rich Parente is powerwolfing, I think their partner is DS and I will get to there.

This can be a early distance, and it ends with “Or perhaps did more people?” which takes most of the blame from Rich and spreads it.

this is also a shade, why would people not get reads from first post? What did you do?
Rich Parente read DS as a town for posting rap, and they said this:

If you think he is the likely to be projecting because it was designed before the game, why are you still townreading them? Also if Rich was scum and DS was town, I think Rich would stop townreading them becuase they had an opprtunity to throw shit on them. Also second part of that post does not make sense cause scum also wants to scream that since they wanna get townread, and it is likelier for them to do it.

I’m pretty sure about Rich Parente being scum, unless they come out like “Hey Red, we played a game very recently and I wanted to test if you read that game and geniunely try to read me”. Their partner could be Andres maybe but I think Rich is likelier to townread their partner since they wanna powerwolfing, DS also powerwolf so I think their mutualist townreadism make sense.

Also I wonder what is DS’s read on Rich this phase very much, It will probably be a townread if I’m right.
Idgaf if Rich gets lynched in this phase

Clem - I stand by what i said about them being vastly different from the last game but they might need to step it up before I keep defending them.

MS - Idk I feel like his posts are just going through the motions of the game but it’s not like he is hiding the fact he is doing that within his posts.

@Redflavor - I don’t really think there is a large cross over between video mafia and forum mafia in all honesty.
RedFlavor - Is starting to look better I think. His reads feel town to me but the Clem read is kinda iffy to me. “Clem is a good scum play so I disagree with the meta read that Clem would be doing more as scum”. Although people are really hard pressed to town read people who aren’t doing much in this game.

DS: Not a great look atm. Hard to put into words.

Rich: I think his thoughts are consistent but that’s roughly the only thing he has going for him. Fortunately other plays have much less going for them so he is safe for awhile.

Andres: I really with your posts have made an impression on me but they just haven’t. They kinda just read as mafia posts (no shit) in a way that I can’t really tackle them atm.

Me: lock town.

Sorry I had a stupid lack of time for today’s post.

idk prolly doing this again if metal isn’t clearly what at least 2 other people want the most I will not vote metal and go for what I think is the most common read.

VOTE: Rich
The question mark thing is a verbal tic. Do it all the time. I do this via inflection in video mafia too, so if rich knows my meta there well enough to make meta reads on me, then he should be expected to know that.

Don’t really love Gtacc’s contributions either, but not sure they’re scum. Could potentially see Andres as scum, pending how he responds to my prodding last turn.

Pretty much punting the rest of this turn. Let’s see what shakes loose, and lynch rich.

VOTE: MetalSonic

Reads seem to be all over the place, so I’m going to vote my top Scum Read to try and push for consensus here. In particular, I can’t say that I understand your vote for Rich at all. If anything, you voting for what a lot of people think is a Town player is a good way to avoid achieving consensus. So yeah, this feels like the right move. However, I’m worried that I’m lock Town to you - I wouldn’t be lock Town based on the content I have put out to myself purely because you have yet to see reads from me until my third post.

My opinion on Rich has not changed, so not voting there. Rich’s thought process is clear and I do believe we have Town here. I find your view of Nanook interesting though - generally lack of interest is a Town tell of his (though might not apply anymore as he’s been told). So I wouldn’t use that to Scum read him. Also, any good Scum (which MS can certainly be) will appear to be unsure about other people’s alignment - it would be too obvious otherwise.

I could also vote beeboy to be honest. I am not seeing a commitment to the game and I understand that some of us might be running out of time (I know I’m struggling with this), but at this stage every post is crucial. I almost missed that you voted for MS. Can you explain?

@Gtacc, what makes you think that I would have provided reads as Scum already in my second post? I’m asking because I am the kind of player that likes to get my thoughts out there on players and see if other people agree or disagree, particularly as Town, as early as possible. It’s easier to figure out where I stand that way. My lean on you is positive so I’m staying away from voting you too.

I am slightly changing my read on DS - I need to see more. Again, life can get in the way but you need to help me out here. I have a similar view of beeboy so that keeps my lean positive but that’s about it.

So, my list stands as follows (from Scummiest to Towniest):

MS
Beeboy
Nanook, DS
Gtacc
RichParente

Towncore:

Rich Parente
Andres
Beeboy

[size=5]When you try your best but you don’t succeed :frowning: [/size]

Alright, 1 mafia is outed. Anyone who points out the same before reading my post can be confirmed town with me. Easiest town game of my life.

drops mic

Beebuddy why u BULLY me ??? :[

Nanook could be town here, still not sure

Richparente’s last post looks better. Maybe just new to forum mafia, as he said he’s mainly a video mafia player. Whatever

Redflavor you really shouldn’t try to make assumptions about what I would/would not do as scum. Lol.

Ds and Andres still strong townreads

I am going to revenge vote beeboy here just because. Also, votes don’t matter in this game unless everyone votes together in a single phase. Also, sheeping ds

VOTE: beeboy

DS
Andres
Redflavor
Nanook

{Redparent, beeboy}

Phase 1.4 Votes:

Metal Sonic (3): beeboy, Andresmvb, RichParente
RichParente (2): GTacc, Nanook
GTacc (1): DS
beeboy (1): Metal Sonic

Sorry for the delay.

PHASE 1.5 WILL END October 28, 2018 2:00 PM OR WHEN ALL POSTS ARE SUBMITTED.

REMINDER THAT PHASE 1.5 IS THE LAST OF THE DAY, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU’RE AWARE OF HOW EXECUTION/ACTIONS RESOLVE: Discrete/Limited 7p (7/7)

PLEASE PRIVATE MESSAGE ME IF YOU HAVE A STRONG PREFERENCE TOWARDS OR AGAINST A PARTICULAR SET OF “RESET TIMES”.

We’ll probably try out something like late “time banks” for players in the future.

“If one of the no voters just tried to hop on the Beeboy lynch after Ive been there for two days with no real movement on it, I could definitely definitely see that no voter as having been scum trying to avoid what is a town lead lynch.”

Quoting myself for posterity. I was almost 100% correct on my read, with the one caveat being that I thought it would have been a no voter. This sinks MS more for me personally. Kinda sucks for MS honestly because theres no way they could have known that I would snipe that town consensus and totally call them out for what they did before they actually did it.

Meanwhile, everyone and their fucking mother is sussing me by saying that they are unsure of me without giving any fucking real reasons why. Im going to ignore the shade from beeboy for now because im townleaning them in reference to my scum lean on MS. Lets move to Gtacc. Gtacc I guess is saying that im partners with Rich off of… again… offf of little fucking wayne are you serious bro. If MS flips scum I would 100% look into Gtacc with that Rich vote as being someone who was perhaps not trying to bus their partner. As another semi-related note: I seriously doubt Beeboy is scum if MS flips scum.

However, I am not unaware of my own personal bias meta when it comes to people sussing me. I allow that to tilt my views when im town because I know my own aligment and so I think that anyone pushing me absolutely has be to be scum. So Im like honestly trying to progress as a player and try to be more objective. When im over here thinking to myself that It seems like there is a relatively strong consensus at the moment, and I step back, Im thinking to myself: I couldnt be the only one thinking that MS was about to get railroaded there so im gonna say that I wouldnt be surprised if someone is bussing MS who is goon for town cred.

Idk, with the way Rich has posted so far this game (and with that freakin meme that he created) I could definitely see it being him. He would be setup pretty well with a scum!MS flip and I think that would probably make Clem back off of that rich read he has. With that said, Im 100% reading Clem as genuine town based off of his tone and his no nonsense vote of Rich. Theres a possibility its misguided tho.

Im kinda more willing to lynch Gtacc over Rich day 2 if im being honest with my gut, because it really is sub-optimal play to bus your own teammate day one in this setup. I think thats more of a tinfoil than anything. Definitely something to keep in mind though.

So yeah I guess this is kinda where im at right now from most town to scum

Nanook
Andres
Beeboy
Rich
Gtacc
MS

Okay lets see how this phase turns out
Ttyl <3

VOTE: Rich Parente
I’m not sure if their partner is DS, their last post does not seem very w/w but IDK. It’s probably not also Nanook because of the vote.

Andres, I think scum would think “At least I should give few reads so I’ll blend and not stand out with no posts.”

I also think that scum Rich would townread their partner so it is beeboy, that pair makes sense as a wolf pair

REDFLAVOR OUT

I see no benefit to giving scum info on who I scum read / town read.

VOTE: Rich

Pretty sure it’s just Rich here.

The “only spend 30 minutes or less a day on the game” thing doesn’t seem to be working out great. I think D2 I’ll bump it up to 45 or less.

I’m gonna say…if not Rich, probably Andres or DS. More likely Andres—the way he was sure to brush off my early vote on him rubbed me the wrong way a bit, I think there might be something there.