Deep Space 9 Mafia - Game Over!

Interesting. I’m not sure what I’d have made of that. I like to think I’d just assume Pah-Wraith but y’know, I’m bad.
I wish I hadn’t been blocked n1! Damn scum ruining my fun!

The race cop was interesting though. Flavour cops are generally interesting, if only because the player never has any idea how useful his results actually are.

Maybe @catspurr needs a break from this. I certainly would need one if I were him : )

So strange that pyx was a Miller… but as you said . It was added as a function to make scum think there was a cop. What was the purpose of having scum think that though? Curious

Catspurr was so good

What did my bauble do?

Did it do nothing like the rest of the ffery mindgames?

What about the thieves? Named VTs?

The bauble did nothing. In a larger game I would probably have made it a loud reflexive roleblock thing or somethig of that sort.

The bracelet had a tiny fragment of an orb as it’s jewel. The Dal’Rok was a sort of dragon-like mental construct that was fed by the negative mental energies of the villagers. The Sirah would shape that into the Dal’Rok with the use of the bracelet, and the villagers would struggle against it and eventually win. And in winning, they were winning against their own worst thoughts and impulses.

Andresvmb/Sisko was more than a named VT. He essentially became a neighbor if he found an orb, and became a neighborizer if he found additional orbs.

Josh/Moogie’s role was another mindgame. Was supposed to raise concerns that there were too many players wandering around at night looking for stuff.

1 Like

Well, then aren’t you glad that this town wasn’t tricked by any of those mindgames!

Me fakeclaiming “super duper strong power role” is a mind game too :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for hosting! This was the most challenging 451 game for me to date!

Now aren’t you glad you didn’t lynch me? Well played Town.

@Cats, I feel bad man. Nanook pulled a bad move on you there, I think. I had a sinking feeling the whole game he would do that to a Scum buddy.

@Urist, I’m glad I didn’t try and get you speed lynched hahaha

Overall, a very challenging game. Cats, you played well. Made it awfully challenging for us. _fferryllt really made a difference for us, so a lot of the credit goes to him and his short stint in the game.

@fferyllt thanks for modding. Awesome setup. The days need shortening, but other than that a truly well run game. Really happy to have been a part of it.

3 Likes

Thanks Everyone for the Game.
Congrats to Town, well played.
Thank You and Congrates to Fferryllt for the game.
But I don’t understand why you like running such long games.

I did give up, I overplayed my hand trying to Andre Lynched because I couldn’t stand reading any more. But I was never going to make it to the end.

I was happy enough with CABDs lynch because they subbed in and then didn’t play.
So Blah, lynch all slackers.

Cheers Everyone.

4 Likes

The purpose was just to add some uncertainty, and to make mass claiming a potential gotcha. I thought there was a fair chance that pyx would be resolved by bodyguarding the nk target, but also would give scum a possible mislynch if he was alive close to lylo.

I think this design was about 90-95% bulletproof. There were a couple of places I should have thought through more carefully that I noticed after the game started. I could have patched them, but I vastly prefer not to touch the design after the role pms have gone out.

I was out all day today at an Amnesty Internation Stall.
So I was very happy to leave the game were it was and come home to find out what happened.

We collected over 200 signatures on a petition to raise the age kids can be locked up at.
All Australian State and Terrortories children as young as ten can be incaracerated.
May as well lock them in and trough away the key.

So we, Amnesty and other Civil Rights groups are campaigning and getting signatures to raise the age to 14.

3 Likes

@fferyllt have you opened up the scum board and night chat?

The scum board is open. I haven’t opened the QTs, but there’s no reason not to, so I will!

Thank you Fairy or firery or You!

Just read (reread) a Terry Pratchett Discworld book where the witch is give a cat and she calls it You.
You Stop that
Get down You.
Come here You.

The days are too long for scum, agreed. It makes it so hard to continuously keep up.

And ya, the cabd sub didn’t help you at all. I see now why you said “put up or shut up” :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for giving us the challenge that you did! That was great play on your part. And you were probably closer than you think! could have been a pyx lynch today.

town->

you->

2 Likes