Deep Space 9 Mafia - Game Over!

or hes a strongman, or x shot. theres a lot of possibilities.

irrelevant. his immediate reaction should be at least some hesitation, he didnt attack cabd at all.

also, the odds scum redirect town to the nk (dumb) and a separate townie tracks said redirected person is very low. its possible, occams razor etc tho.

for the record, the Pah-Wraiths flavour would very strongly support a “possession” mechanic where the scum is able to perform the nightkill “through” another player. i.e. track-frame.
Like literally the entities known as Pah-Wraiths were only able to manipulate our space by possessing someone.

I do like that concept better, as coming from fairlylit fferyllt, and any idea of a roleblock is right out per what both cabd and MS have claimed.

It could still be a RB if Cabd is lying.

Maybe. I’m not as recollecting of what fairlylit fferyllt prefers on roleblock messaging. The ‘sleepwalking’ claim has me stumped a bit there, and the PM from the dead is most perplexing if true. I really have a hard time swallowing that. And if it’s… something… it seems more like a role interruption than a legit block. But if MS indeed had an action that was being attempted, it makes a sleepwalk roleblock maybe easier to see, more along the lines of the oldschool Hooker/Prostitute designation.

MS took a good long while to divulge/come up with the counter claim.

Not really. At the very least, he claimed that “something bad happened to him” a few hours after Cabd implied a tracker guilty.

also, to be clear a role cop would get an inno on a Miller.

See, hours is an eternity in the 24/12 world I’m from.

What gives me pause on MS is that the counter is pretty creative. I don’t know if that fits with an MS caught in that situation previously.

If that was the point I was trying to make I would have long ago hammered this home, from scum!Nanook:

Summary

Urist to Screen: Like a quarter of your posts this game were directed at Nanook, how do you not remember.
Rereading the push I gotta retract my statement about it looking town. A lot of the stuff is just you trying to paint or reframe Nanook’s actions to make them look scummier. Like here:

Screen: He also shaded the Miller claim by saying it’s something scum would do on his homesite.
Screen: But you ask for a cc.
Lol.
So you don’t trust claims but want someone else to claim.
On top of that you wanted everyone to claim to begin with.

Urist: These things aren’t really scummy. In the latter quote, I would say that Nanook asking for a CC is weird, but it’s only tangentially related to his ask for a massclaim (and even then, asking for a CC is consistent with being pro-claim). As for the former quote, saying that Nanook ‘shaded’ the miller claim is a stretch for sure, what Nanook said was this:

Nanook: Can’t say whether it’s likely or not at this point, but fwiw, scum fake claiming Miller is a thing that would happen on my home site. Also not sure how that translates to the meta here, if at all.

Urist: Doesn’t look like shading to me, just looks like him acknowledging the possibility of a miller fakeclaim.

You weren’t even in the game when that happened. :confused:

This makes sense, Scum took control of Metal to make the kill,hoping that a town cop tracker investigative role would see Metal make the kill.

I guess the only question is what are the odds that the town investigative role would chose to see the ‘view’ Metal?

On the other hand, odds can be funny things.
1/ Maybe it would have worked if the investigation was of _fferyllt?
which means the odds were two out of all the players not one.
2/ Metal did flag PR, so perhaps it seemed reasonable to scum that metal would be investigated and they were?
3/ I have seen funnier coincidences before in Mafia, more than once I have seen the same player be targeted for the NK by both vig and scum.

The Tracker claim has not been Counter Claimed.:shrug:

So maybe I am wrong and they are both town?

1 Like

stop overthinking

just lynch metal you reckon?

So nanook tried shading the miller claim and now urist wants is to take head of nanook words and lynch the Miller.
Am I getting this right?

if he is town he should be very confident I am town. But, he’s not admitting it instead did some gaslighting on me. Also, he’s saying that it’s pointless/scummy/whatever fluffy negative term to try to work things out by game balance analysis (iirc it’s part of his opaque move on Urist) and yet…he’s making out that he’s got a direct line into the GM’s head about what roles she would likely be using. E.g. miller - he said it’s a common role elsewhere: my experience of ffery games is it’s NOT common with her game set ups

@cabd you have made a slam dunk claim against MS; why are you not voting there? also fyi I asked @MetalSonic a reverse-type question here Deep Space 9 Mafia - Day 2 but they did not answer me

I don’t get why you and MS are not trying to sort the other

it’s about occams razor

metal could be town in a hypothetical world, sure. odds are hes not and this is not something that will be resolved by ignoring it. hes a very experienced player, weird bs in response to a guilty should be expected.

1 Like