Brass & Shrapnel Mafia - Game Over!

brass hammering in the way he did implies scum were either already in a decent position or were going to look better after his lynch (had either done decent enough distancing or didn’t have any strong associations)

i’m guessing the remaining scum was either distancing from him towards the end of the day or trying to avoid commenting on the whole situation

i suppose it’s also possible that was basically just brass giving up, but i think it’s more likely that he saw that as a decent way to give his partner good winning chances

like realistically speaking, brass could have just said “hey, i don’t think you’re scum and i’m not scum, so let’s lynch someone else” but he immediately hammered there. why do you think he did that?

I thought they had the worst looking vote against Elli.

The idea of shooting katsuki shouldn’t be foreign to you, since you’re claiming the same decision.

I’d assume because he didn’t think he had a good enough scumgame to fool Elli. I think giving a partner good winchances also applies to Mylo, who definitely is not “in a good position” right now. Eliminating Elli before mylo even posted AI content is a pretty good way to bolster his position, that’s one less person who’s likely to read his partner correctly gone from the get-go. It also disrupted massclaim, so I’d argue that basically everyone benefits from an Elli quicklynch here?

yeah, but i already know why i shot him and i wanted to know why you apparently shot him

why did you think cupcake’s vote looked the worst?

not really. mylo’s play was likely to attract vig shots (at one point i was considering doing this just to clear up the slot)

i guess it’s plausible brass just didn’t have any high hopes of saving himself and was hoping to cut off discussion, but cutting off discussion really only benefits scum if scum were already in a good position. mylo was in nobody’s town reads. lurkers are generally good vig targets. mylo wasn’t going to look better just because discussion was cut off and cutting off discussion doesn’t save mylo

that’s why i think that in order for you to believe mylo is scum, you’d have to believe brass had just given up all hope of winning. which i suppose is possible, but the way it happened makes me think his partner was in a decent position to win this after getting a couple mislynches

Sure, but you’re saying my claim to shoot him doesn’t make sense. Now, you may not believe it (or purport not to, at least), but you have to concede that there’s a world in which shooting katsuki makes sense. So it’s weird to me that you’re treating that as a foreign concept with a “why would you even think to do that?” type of question, rather than as “OK, why did you do it?”

It’s a small distinction but I think it goes to show a lack of genuine curiosity.

I thought katsuki’s vote looked bad for the same
Reasons I questioned him on it for yesterday, that he made it seemingly without awareness of what had happened prior or that her sheeping vote was kind of odd.

no i wasn’t. i was asking why you did it because you clearly have no history with him (not knowing who i meant when i said cupcake) and while you did talk to him at the end of D1, it wasn’t really clear whether you thought he was scum at the end of it

but i’m realising that you’re getting confused about what i meant in #298. the “that doesn’t make sense” part was directed at

that doesn’t even make sense…

#299, where i asked why, was separate from #298 and something i asked after going back and checking what you’d actually said about cupcake this game. you’d talked to him, yes, but your last reads post was #237 in which you mentioned a bunch of other people as well so i wanted to know why you picked cupcake over others

Ah, ok, I can accept that—I was reading it as one continuous thought, so I retract that part of my read.

It was a toss up for me between Dwilts and katsuki. I went with katsuki because after Elli’s town flip, I thought his vote looked fairly scummy.

I suspect we have too many vigs. It makes sense for scum to claim shooting one of the dead townies—keep your lie as close to the truth as possible, right? What are the odds two vigs both shot katsuki for different reasons? Kinda slim, right? So my current worldview is that you’re scum lying about being a vig. I’m not locked 100% into it, but that’s where I am at this point. I could also see Dwilts fitting this worldview, fwiw.

i don’t think i’d really need to claim vig as scum, let alone claim to have shot cupcake

claiming bomb or just waiting until other people have claimed (get an idea of what’s best to claim before doing so) is a much more sensible thing to do for scum tbh

(bomb is the far superior fake-claim anyway for a variety of reasons, including the fact it’s just safer all round)

VC 2-2

_fferyllt: 1 (Nanook)

Not Voting: 4 (_fferyllt, Myloninja13, KatyushaGB, dwiltse1114)

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.

Day 2 ends on June 18, 2018 1:00 AM (Europe: Paris), June 17, 2018 4:00 PM (America: Los Angeles)

first id like to say although I wanted to shoot josh last night it appeared as if a majority of people read him as town so I refrained from doing so (rogue vigi is generally as bad as scum)…

I don’t think I claimed vigi however it is what I am… to be exact town vigi shoot each night if I please and I could be a blank vigi is my precise role without quoting it…

back to the rogue mafia statement im most sus towards _fferyllt currently simply for the fact he went rogue as vigi and ended up shooting a townie this also makes it so town has 1 less day of play keep that in mind… however based on looks it appears as tho mafia shot josh (reason I say this is in the rules it states a bomb will kill any player who successfully shoots at night based on that im assuming the player shooting isn’t a blank since a blank wouldn’t work on any player but I could be wrong on this) however if another player comes forth with shooting josh or cupcake it would make things more interesting to say the least…

this said im 100% certain theres scum in _fferyllt right now and with 5 players im also gonna go ahead and propose something…

say we do mislynch a townie today that leaves us at 4 (keep in mind this is because nook and/or_fferyllt went rogue vig and decided to shoot another townie that may have looked scummy not a good call on town part period but w.e. its done)… so if we mislynch we have 4 people 3 town 1 scum there could be bomb (only claim is katyushaGB currently and no ones claimed supersaint and per there rules theres 2-4 bombs OR supersaints) 3 players myself nanook and _fferyllt claimed vigi thus far so depending on mylo (think that’s the name) claim we may have narrowed it to scum being in myself _fferyllt and nanook…

if we do mislynch tonight mafia still get a kill and since they know who bomb is (assuming mylo also claims anything but bomb) mafia know who not to shoot so this will leave town at 2 and mafia at 1 SO UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD A VIG TAKE A SHOT TONIGHT UNLESS ITS 100% DECIDED BY OTHER TOWN THAT THAT PERSON 100% SCUM because simply fact that will lose the game for town if a vig shoots wrong again… so if we do mislynch take the extra day to talk out the answer…

so as I said I know im town im as of right now 80% certain katyushaGB is town (only reason its 80 is because of mylo) and im based on narritive and tonal as well as my gut 100% certain scum is in nanook and _fferyllt with my guessing being _fferyllt first…

also going to put in there that throughout day 1 nanook and brass might have been distancing all day so theres that and also based on playdip style (not sure bout here) nanook isn’t on the lynching vote generally (at playdip) both scum don’t vote on the same person obviously I didn’t vote and made it clear I thought josh was scum (clearly not) just wanted to point that out as well

@KatyushaGB please read and pay attention to this if I do happen to die tonight take it into account for tomorrow if that happens…

keep in mind im not a fan of vote early vote often scenario and im especially aint gonna vote early today because If I placed a vote right now on _fferyllt either mylo or GB could pop in and end the day now which would waste a lot of precious communication time so im gonna post this for now

DONT HAVE 2 VOTES ON 1 PERSON TILL ALMOST EOD

if i “went rogue” and ended up shooting a town player, that would make me town by default

in a 1 off instance yes however since both you and nanook claimed shooting him it kind puts it at poe if both of you are alive tomorrow which is fine by me I like how that’s the only part u included and apparently didn’t read all the way through or atleast didn’t acknowledge any of it

the rest of what you said is either factually inaccurate (i.e. the scum pool, but i’m waiting to see what mylo claims) or irrelevant (i.e. the stuff about not vig killing tonight, which is correct, but not something that needs to be commented on)

it didn’t interest me as much as that one point (because if you think i’m a vig who went rogue, that would make me town)

oh and you did mention something about nanook and brass distancing based on something from your home site, but i have no point of reference for that so i didn’t see a point in commenting on it yet - i figure nanook will respond to that himself

to be clear, rather than anything that happened D1, you think i’m suspicious because i claimed to shoot cupcake?

read last post and my big post again if u gotta question that the answer is clear I find both you and nook sus…

Ya obviously no one should be shooting tonight if we ml, that should be a given. It’s much safer to take 6 days to decide who the last scum is than it is to take 2.

I disagree from your pov the pool is between muffin/_ffery and nanook, but think it’s between ffery and mylo - might I ask why you’re clearing mylo right now?

I think brass’s interactions with dom clear him pretty easily, and I’m taking Elli’s read onto Nanook into consideration and I also don’t think their interactions are SvS.

#172 I think shows it’s not distancing, brass let go of that interaction WAY too easily. I think if Nanook were scum there’d be a bit more posture and fight to the push so that it’s actually convincing pressure, not just an ephemeral thing that stops as soon as I start townreading Nanook.