Vaping Mafia: Episode One - Planet of the Vapes [Game Over]

I’m pretty checked out of this game. Sorry, not that sorry. If you got railroaded for a tone you literally always have, you’d probably check out too.

It makes more sense to me than Effers claim.

talk me thru why

@fairlylit will you be around for a bit?

I’m probably not checked in enough to do that. Sorry. Maybe I’ll try to later.

Mostly it’s just gut to be honest, that KTS’ world makes a lot more sense to me than Effers. Although, to be fair, part of that may be the way Effers decided to railroad me, which doesn’t fit with my (limited) impression of her town game.

It’ interesting how you keep claiming your frustration was NAI. IMO frustration in and of itself is NAI, but the thing that made yours stand out was the way you keep coming back to it, Town tend to just get on with it after a vent or so.

Yes. I’m gone for a few minutes here and there because laundry, but should be near the laptop for 2-3 hours.

…I keep coming back to it because you scumread me for it. If you weren’t scum reading me for being annoyed, it’d be gone by now.

I do appreciate how you set that up as a catch-22, though.

I’m still having a flick through your scumgames. I use meta pretty scantly (because I’m awful at it)–what should I be looking for that’s outside of your scumrange here?

And I believe I’ve genuinely caught you because you took it a little too far and posted about it way too often,.

“I scum read you because you’re annoyed”

“I’m annoyed, that doesn’t make me scummy”

“I scum read you because you’re posting about being annoyed too much.”

I literally just got scumread for this, in a game I was town in. So you see why I find this annoying.

To be fair, now that I know you’re almost certainly scum, it’s a bit less annoying…or annoying in a different way, at least.

The thing that’s beyond my scumrange is going all-in on Nanook at the start of the game.

I don’t know if this is precisely a range thing, but I believe that if I were scum in this game, I would have come up with something better than a fruit vendor who never managed to give vape flavor to a player that didn’t die. My pride would stand in the way of being that useless.

I also try to avoid even the possibility of a 1v1 with a fake claim.

I dismissed it as a site-meta difference, but the fact that KTS called more attention to my “not vanilla” post on day 2 is something that I’d be far more likely to do as scum than as town. As town, I tend to back away slowly and pretend I didn’t see that kind of post. As scum, it just seems to become a part of the landscape and I assume everyone else saw it and took note of it.

should be “at the start of the game day”.

what’s keeping me like :thinking: is how crazily easy it is to manipulate that kind of meta in small games for an epic meta throw-off

like in 9p and 13p games I’ve mimicked my town tone/broken away from the structure of my traditional scumplay and… it’s definitely not difficult to do at all especially when it’s a fastpaced game. and when people go suss your scumgames and go “oh lol this is the opposite of their play here” it makes it a really easy trick to pull off

my scum game is way different from my play here, too. do i get a cookie now

Easy for you.

My scumgame isn’t terrible, but to play well against people who know my towngame, I have to put a tremendous amount of effort into emulating stuff I know they’re looking for, and even then it doesn’t come off genuine. The Newbie game I linked is a good look at my baseline free-from-meat scumgame. You can’t underestimate my scumgame, but there are just so many things in this game that I would have avoided in an effort to play cleanly. I would have laid a lot more groundwork earlier to make it easy to pivot on any player. If I’m not under pressure I have an almost pathological tendency to bus my partners because knowing they’re scum I see everything they do as obviously scum.

And I would never post such an awful reads list as scum.

Playing cleanly isn’t on my radar as town.

time for me to look at all my posts and self meta myself tow

meat? meta.

Assuming this isn’t a shade attempt, then you’ve admitted that you need to look at your posts in order to cast them in a good light.