Transitioning away from using lynch - alternatives and implementation

It might be tiring, but far more educational and maybe even positive to have individual conversations about people’s hidden prejudices when asking them not to use certain language. I don’t know, I’m an old-fashioned believer in discourse as a way to improve upon bad ideas. You can also short-circuit some of that by pointing them to this thread.

Though, you might want to put some terms of use up given that you’ll be violating the first amendment technically. You might get sued :thinking: I hear that’s a prominent thing in the United States.

1 Like

This is not the government hahaha they can do whatever.

1 Like

I think instead of hidden, it is like an unexistant prejudice because what elli said is, bad example but it was like “don’t use the word unexistant because some existentialists get uncomfortable by it because of past of the word and they don’t play the game” to me and I literally had no idea people would get uncomfortable by the world “lynch” like there is no prejudice to fix and you anyone’s any word could be it. Like there is nothing to educate and if they want to educate themselves about the autochange and the word, we could link them a thread about why we don’t use the word “lynch”

Shit talking 50% of Americans

Wait, should the people who are actively against the word be required to indicate whether they vote republican at the elections? :thinking: We should avoid as much hypocrisy as possible.

Maybe this should be in the politics thread? I don’t know that this is relevant in this context.

Personally I’ll be using my vote to kamehameha people from now on

2 Likes

I mean, I thought this was the politics thread :stuck_out_tongue:

This does give me an idea.
If everyone had a personalized term they like using and the was some clear indicator that they mean “eliminate them via voting” in the ui.

But GTacc, lynches were used as an extreme tool of oppression. So maybe you don’t associate anything negative with it in the context of a mafia game, but other people might, and we should at least consider that.

That’s why I think it should be replaced

Like the pronoun thing? Like I say “I’m executing you, dusk” and he says “I am taking your jacket off, gtacc” to me?

I think it’s at least semi-relevant to the demographic prompting the change.

That would be cool, it makes the situation a lot lighter too imo

1 Like

What if my prefered getting voted out is getting lynched

1 Like

yeah I really like the custom phrase concept, figuring out how to actually implement it well.

1 Like

I can’t vote, so maybe take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Even though I personally wouldn’t vote for Republicans, I can’t say that everyone that votes R but opposes racism is a massive hypocrite. Other than that… yeah not much more I want to say here.

I might just start using the word vote. Seems simple enough.