Suggest a Feature

clever

Add something like this to the ruleset for games:

“No hidden codes, talking in different languages other than what the host decides (by default, English), using cryptology, or other means of private communication using any threads, public or private.”

no

1 Like

I’ve always found the cryptology rule that’s often found on MS strangely unenforced. Breadcrumbing is a form of cryptology but not many people complain about that.

Crumbing isn’t really comminication though. It’s more of “Hey guys, I didn’t make this up on the spot, I have this evidence that this was planned”

Well said Urist, thanks for contribution, I’ve always found this very unfair for DS

“just look at this hidden message i’ve left”

Don’t read it here go to the post to see the quote and what rich did

You’re not leaving it with the intent on talking privately with your fellow Mafia that you don’t share a daychat with, now are you?

The rule says “no cryptology”, i’m just pointing out that the rule is selectively enforced.

plus when’s the last time you saw a game where mafia didn’t have daychat? on a site that isn’t terrible.

We are playing a game now offsite where mod doesnt put daychat for scum but that forum doesnt fit the criteria

1 Like

Cryptology would look like mashing your fists into your keyboard, but it’s actually encrypted text, and only the person with the key can truly see what you were saying.

Tm90IGV4YWN0bHkgYnV0IHllYWg=

You’re talking about computer encryption, but there are other kinds.

0101001010101010101010101011101010010110101010100100001101010101010101010101010101010101010101000101010101101010

I’m generally against an all encompassing anti-crypto rule. No obvious gibberish strings that are encrypted/made to look encrypted maybe. If someone manages to encode useful shit in actual language all the glory to them.

1 Like

I think it’s for exactly one situation that happened, which iirc is forcing people to post an encrypted claim early and then at massclaim posting a key.

Also I used to enjoy no daychat so much more than daychat, scum was much more fun when I had to figure out what the bloody hell my partner was up to. It’s a bit sad it became so standard everywhere.

Is it possible to display all of the available tags when opening a topic? It’s pretty annoying that I can only see like, 5 of them unless I filter.

Is that better?

Were there really only 6? >_>