Stormy Seas (NSIMI Game A)

On phone, but I pretty much answered this in my first post. If you have any follow up questions let me know.

I come from the same place as UFO and Kim.

I’ve played a bit over a year. Like maybe a dozen games? So not nearly as much as most of you I assume. My meta seems to be that people think I equivocate too much D1 and become more readable for some players D2 and beyond.

1 Like

I normally try to understand people’s motivation. I guess my biggest selling point is a player is that I don’t get mislynched which innately provides utility to the town because if I don’t get lynched, that means there’s an extra lynch to try to hit scum.

My reads are kinda garbage though, I’m working on trying to play more conservatively.

also doggo don’t be mad but im pretty sure you’re town because otherwise I doubt you’d be trying to policy lynch me lmao.

What do you mean by “more conservatively”?

Reads being right is a secondary thing. Playing and showing your thought process is more important.

I tend to throw too many reads around that I don’t have high confidence in, that I then have to go and correct towards end game.

Meh. Throw reads out whenever they strike you. No one should hold it against you if you change your mind. And early reads should never be strong.

why are they above rand scum

I don’t know M2H at all really, but first gut instinct is that this seems more likely than not to be a townie angle for M2H to take, instead of letting this become a fight that takes over the thread.

I guess unless they are both scum together and this is theater?

er actually feel free not to answer that.

How do you read Doggo?

I’m not sure yet. Like I said before, it did seem like maybe he was a bit harsh with M2H for an opening post.

Then again, M2H came in and basically was like “yea I get that you’re frustrated with me after how the last game went.”

I didn’t read into him asking Nook in public here as particularly AI like you seemed to at first.

So I dunno.

And in general, I usually prefer to take it kind of chill D1 and let things play out and see how things look once there are more interactions. I tend to prefer to vote later in the day on D1. Sure sometimes I get pinged by someone early, but not always.

Especially in a game like this where I don’t know half the people.

I would think that in a game where you know no one, you’d want to be more active on Day 1 so that you can form reads.

That’s what I’m hoping for, at least.

I’ll be active. Like, do you feel I’m not active enough here? Just not jumping on every little thing I don’t understand and tunneling or anything like that. I’ll try to engage with people and see how I end up feeling about stuff later. If I have questions, I’ll ask.

You’re good, I didn’t mean that in a critical way. I just wanna like a busy Day 1.

Yea I won’t be super active all the time. More evenings and nights Pacific time.

Also in another game (first time I’ve been in multiple games at once) and RL is a thing lol.

I’m usually not a leading quantity poster.

Oh jeez, Jay is playing in the other thread.

Be thankful you guys got me instead of him. :yum:

Can everyone indicate who here they expect to read better than rand please?
I expect to read everyone better than rand kek.

This is interesting. My assumption was that the mafia team would know the sizes of each game, but would not know which (town) players would be involved in either game. That is still how I interpret Nanook’s wording.

But I am interested in Doggo’s post here because he is presenting a possibility that I had not even considered, and which seems unlikely to have been considered at all by a person who did not earnestly interpret the wording that way. Unless, of course, Doggo’s interpretation is the correct one and he is able to assert it with confidence because he knows it to be the truth, in which case he just blatantly scum slipped on the kickoff. I’ve never played with Doggo before, but I’d put that down as unlikely.

UNVOTE DoggoPlays

You are using terminology that I do not fully understand, but I have played exactly 0 games with every person in this thread.

I expect to read all of you brilliantly.

I mean games played doesn’t designate how much above rand you expect to read someone.

Basically how much better would you do than someone randing their read on a particular person. The vast majority of people are around rand on almost everyone else despite how else they think.