Stormy Seas (NSIMI Game A)

I play like 90% angry. Well, not angry per se, but…antagonistic and snarky.

God I’m going to have the recurring problem of making 7 consecutive posts a lot again, aren’t I?

I raised the limit to 10. Legitimate use of multiposts are fine, just not the
ONE
WORD
PER
thing

though we’ll talk to those people when that happen on a case by case basis.

1 Like

Okay just as a general rule, if there’s a question you need to ask the GM, especially regarding rules based questions, you put it in the thread. Every time. Still ask privately sure, but town needs to know what’s being asked that way we can verify answers.

@Sloonei this is serious by the way.
Can also add any particular one offs’

What do you mean “playing more conservatively?” Apologies if you answer this later.

Also, @Fatmo I definitely played with Elli and M2H that other game I was here. Elli was able to almost immediately and accurately townread me. M2H I honestly remember nothing about insert shruggie

@UFOFever

1 Like

Oh and one more @Ellibereth, is Mantis a nickname for M2H or is Mantis a player in the other game?

Mantis and Urist are both players in the other game.

The policy of asking the host questions in private is implemented to prevent the potential for any revealing information about the player who is asking the question, or for players to try to gain credibility through their public displays of asking the host questions.

Questions are ALWAYS answered publicly by the host. It’s just preferable (in my opinion) for players to ask them in private so that the act of asking the question itself does not become part of the game.

I never intended to be critical of the policy here (the policy I’m speaking of isn’t even universally recognized on the Syndicate and we’ve only started pushing for it recently) and it is certainly the worst case scenario for a host to receive a general question in private and then only answer it for the person who asked it. I’d never ever advocate for that and I definitely was not suggesting doggo should have done that here.

Just caught that lol. Never hide reads from the group. Even weak ones

Strongly disagree with this given that I’m the one who gave M2H the advice in question.

1 Like

also re host questions - there is no universal site policy here for what best practice is though it’s something I’ll think about now. Thanks for bringing it up. :+1:

I also suck at using the advice but lol i try

Where Fatmo, Kim, and I come from (and where we all met Nanook) the policy is usually that the GM will only answer questions sent via PM unless they’re incredibly important rules clarifications. But, any questions being asked to the GM should also be placed in the thread that way town gets all the complete info and we can verify that yes you actually asked that question and got that response.

Who are you and why are you acting so much like a site admin? Lol

lol i wasn’t being too serious. The Syndicate just has a few unique emojis that I like. I think a lot of them were designed specifically by and for syndicate users. I wouldn’t know how to go about extracting them here and it’s not super important.

thank you though.

i hate to break it to you…

Why?

I want to know where everyone’s thought process is coming from. I say share your reads whenever you get them but don’t treat them as infallible.

Also, I swear I saw someone ask me for a Doggo(sp?) read but now I can’t find that post and I wonder if I’m going crazy.

Do you have Doggo read? Can you share one?