Signs Mafia (13p)

Signs Mafia has finally arrived! (Very) Loosely based off the Western Zodiac, there are 12 roles in the game–3 that are specific to scum, 6 that are specific to town, and 3 that be chosen by either alignment. Before the game begins, each player will select the role of their choice (obviously alignments are assigned before role choices, and you can only choose roles that correspond to your assigned alignment). There is no limit to how many of each role can be in the game (meaning that every town player could theoretically choose the same Sign). Scum will have communication during role choice.

Standard Nanook rules: Days are the standard 72 hours, plurality at EOD and hammer ends day early. Scum decide ties. No replacements once the game begins, just modkills. If a player has not been modkilled, assume they are responding to prods to my satisfaction. Modkills for inactivity are alignment-blind.

Signup, have fun, point out any obvious flaws if you see them, this is a fairly experimental setup for me but I think it’ll be fun!

Sign of the Ram

Stubbornness: you’re so stubborn, that any attempts to kill you may not work! You have a 50% chance to survive any fatal night actions that would otherwise kill you.

Sign of the Bull

Loving spirit: before the game, you pick another player to be lovers with. This means you’ll have full private communication at all times with your lover, BUT if your partner dies then you will as well.

Sign of the Twins (scum)

Two-faced: you’re scum, but due to your dual personality you can choose to show up as town to any roles that show alignment. You can only use this ability every other night.

Sign of the Crab

Intuitive: you’re very intuitive…some would even say psychic. As such, you have a 1/3 chance of divining the alignment of any player in the game at night. You do not control your intuitions, unfortunately, so any target is determined randomly.

Sign of the Lion (scum)

Arrogant: you’re arrogant. As such, you control all your teams NKs, including who performs them. Unfortunately, this arrogance also means that you can’t be protected.

Sign of the Scales

Blind Justice: once per game, you may choose to shoot someone at night. If that person is mafia, they will die. If they are town, you will both die (if they are protected, they will survive but you will still die).

Sign of the Scorpion (either)

Stinger: Twice per game, you can choose to Sting another player in the game. Depending on their sign, this will either: have no effect (Twins, Crab, Lion, Scales, ); render them unable to use their ability the following cycle—i.e., Sting on N1, ability cannot be used D2/N2 (Water-Bearer, Fish, Goat, Ram); or will remove your Sting ability—if this happens on your second use, instead you will die (Centaur, Bull, Scales). You CAN Sting twice on the same night.

Sign of the Centaur (either)

Unstable Temperament: Centaurs are notoriously unstable, but they’re also very charismatic! Once per game you can target another player, and their ability will be activated with a random target (since you’re both too busy drinking and partying to aim properly).

Sign of the Goat (either)

Strong Stomach: you have a legendarily strong stomach. As such, each night you can attempt to eat another player’s lunch. If they are targeted with any abilities that night, you will receive that ability the following cycle (i.e, if they are targeted by the Centaur at the same time as you, you will receive the Centaur’s ability the following night).

Sign of the Water-Bearer

Healing Touch: twice per game, you can visit another player. This will protect them from any ill effects as a result of the Centaur, Scorpion, Crab, Goat, and Bull roles. It will also protect them from a NK performed by anyone except a Twin.

Sign of the Fish (scum)

Loner: as a loner, you like to be left alone. If there are no votes on you at the end of the day, you cannot be killed the following night. If you have one vote on you at EOD, the following night you can choose one player other than yourself to protect from lethal night actions. If you have more than one vote at EOD, you have no night abilities.

How do you eat someone’s lunch at night?

It’s a late lunch

@Players

Can a Fish choose to protect themselves?

Nope! They’re too selfless for that

Tfw you’re shitting on my Gemini ness

you spelled selfish wrong

It’s ok, your other personality will think it’s hilarious

One more and we can get this sucker going!

Trying to track down a 13th. If my leads don’t pan out we’ll roll with 11 instead.

I’m kind of hesitant to sign up because this setup seems complicated and I have very little experience playing mafia. But if you need a thirteenth player I could play

If you’d like to give it a shot jump in! The design is intended to encourage newer players actually, so just pick something you think looks cool and worry about the rest later

Maybe switch this to the day-ending votecount vs. anytime in day? Otherwise it’s correct to just arrange 2 votes on everyone immediately yeah.

That was the intent, will reword

PMs headed out now