Scumhunter's Speed - Day 3 (Complete)

Andres, DS, and Nanook played well. Catspurr could have been more active but his play was decent for the times he was around.

I really don’t know what VUN was doing at all the entire game.

Thank you all for the challenging game.

2 Likes

Yeah thank yall for playing with us and thanks ferry for hosting

Hahahaha I am a tad bitter that I was pocketed so heavily by you. I’m sad.

Welcome to the club

Well, don’t be. If I deliberately played any worse I would be wasting your time. This setup is scumsided, it isn’t your fault.

I mean you blindly following someone pushing one possible world is what screwed us. By EOD2 MS was outted scum lol

I really enjoyed this setup, though I agree it’s scum sided. I’m just super glad I unvoted the VUN lynch when I did otherwise I may not have figured out MS

Gg scum team!!

Gtacc bro, you killed it this game. Gj, MVP for sure

Thanks but if it wasnt metal who coached me in scumchat, I probably would not do that

1 Like

You played very well. It made D2 a lot more of a challenge than I was expecting. I was nervous at times when I didn’t know where Andres would put his vote, and if he was going to jump to your side.

Maybe next time we will be on the same team (and I don’t mean in assassins, I mean in a real game).

Cheers!

1 Like

Hahaha sure.

1 Like

Your TMI slip was huge tho lol

Maybe. But Gtacc caught it first, as part of a distancing tactic. So, that idea originally came from him!

2 Likes

Congratulations and great Game Metal! Red and Erika.
Bad luck town.

Thank you to Fferyllt for running us through the hoops once again.
Interesting Game Thank You

2 Likes

Andres the game is not a logical game.
It is a game about people and people lying and people making mistakes and being irrational, illogical and inpulsive.

Your inflexability to see that people can have an average game and make mistakes is blinding you to many things in the game.

I learnt a long time ago that very often in mafia it is the most towniest player who turns out to be scum.
That is why I dither and am never sure about reads. Because town can be playing bad and scum brilliant and vis versa.

I can see that. But it’s the early voting that threw me off. Like why not talk about what you’re seeing instead of placing fast votes and quicklynching Town? Why would I interpret that as coming from Town? For example, why is VUN putting Nanook at L-1 in D1 under the circumstances? In a game where Scum have this built-in incentive to lurk and make sure that they are mislynching Town D1, why would you not force them to actually have to try and do that? Yeah sure after D1 everything got screwed up in my head and I couldn’t see what was happening (particularly in D2). But look at Nanook’s reads in the dead thread - he literally got the entire Scum Team wrong based on how we played. He assumed there was two Scum on his wagon (correctly) and one off (which was better than I did), but he looked for people in the middle, and had MS as Town, so SR me. His view also clouded mine, and since I was off the wagon and I knew I was Town, how do I get away from thinking that the entire Scum Team was on Nanook?

So yeah I get it, Town act irrationally, and I have relied on trying to go for the Towniest looking person to get Scum before. But I am so used to you playing well and being active and giving out reads and so on that the way that you played this game I just didn’t recognize. So I’m sorry.

1 Like

I give DS props for correctly identifying MS as part of the Scum Team. It’s literally the only vote on a Scum player the entire game. And if I’m being honest about my play, I think I played horrible. Not only did I incorrectly tunnel you (and aggressively), I helped lynch the only guy who had some inkling of what was happening in DS. But I did correctly TR VUN at the end, and TR Nanook (and DS for that matter!) at the beginning. Had that day lasted a bit longer, maybe we would have gotten to a slightly better answer. And you know what, I was trying.

And also, the Scum Team here actually played really well and waited for Town to screw up. I had GTacc as lock Town at the end. He played brilliant, and I was never voting for him. The only person who had GTacc as Scum was VUN, who was also not particularly convincing. And MS did his part too. And did what he had to do. We should also give credit where it’s due.

1 Like

Yeah it was a scum sided setup AND scum played well. They won this game, there’s no doubt about that.

However, I know I got shit for it this game, but worldviews are important, and what I was saying about scum locking themselves in to one potential worldview is what Cat is kinda saying. As town it is important to consider all options at all times.

1 Like

Yeah but you accused Cats of doing this during the game too! And were Scum reading him for it. If you’re using the same argument against every player you think is Scum and succeed 33% of the time (Nanook, MS, Cats), maybe you also need to recalibrate a bit how you go about that argument.

1 Like

I was self pressing onto Cats and needed an argument for it because no one was ever voting MS with me there

It’s a little different given the situation I was in