Ranked Vengeful (Developing a rating system based on per game player ranking) Discussion

Who will be the Jim West of ranked @Ellibereth

1 Like

okay quick change to make life easier for everyone/because vengeful is a hard setup to generalize because of the shot…

By virtue of everything in vengeful being a 50/50 (one exception we treat below):

Right Twice > Right Once > Right Once, Wrong Once > Wrong Once > Wrong Twice

Ties broken in the sections by amount of town votes cast on you through the game.

EXCEPTION:

Goon lynched has the confirmed town and the non-confirmed town’s rightness d2 being scored symmetrically (i.e. if the confirmed town vote correctly they’re both right, if the confirmed town votes incorrectly they’re both wrong). The shot player has a chance between when he’s shot and when d2 shots to privately guess the remaining scum, correct guess = right.

Figured out something more generalization for shotless setups (see marked for death topic shortly) but I think this will do? Key change here is getting mafia lynched and shooting mafia are weighted the same. @chesskid3 I don’t think this scheme has any issues yeah?

Is there going to be any change to the queue system to prevent the “only sign up for games with players rated higher than myself” exploit?

1 Like

“only sign up for games with players who I want to grief” exploit

2 Likes

Wel there isn’t a clear answer since we don’t have at least 10 signed up at all times.

I thought I was going to be in game 5 and I’m sad now

2 Likes

Rekt

game 6 firing today, marked for death shortly after

ps im still investigating the best way to generate ratings from sets of lists with possible ties, apparently the newer autobattlers use a modified version of glicko-2 which is…interesting.