Ranked 5v2

Tbf usually he says “I don’t want to argue” then proceeds to argue

2 Likes

Why are you voting for 4 players?

Because it’s winning and there is no town concensus on equal Elo spread

No you’re wrong. You’re providing cover for Scum. Your behavior only makes sense if you believe you’ll be the NK. Otherwise, you’re acting like you can establish a winning POE D1 when right now 2 players are getting TK’ed and half of your votes are meaningless.

Don’t I score more if my Poe is winning?

Eh, sorry guys, I tried to sub out before the game started but @Ellibereth insisted that I not.

At least the housing project is starting to come together.

So yeah, I’m not overly confident in my reads as I’ve glanced over some townie things from just about everyone.

You could start by voting 2 of the people in your POE for instance and if it confirms how you feel about the player list after flips, you could vote the other 2 and obtain literally the same rank that if you voted the 4 D1. The difference is that the first option allows you to reconsider, recalibrate, or push through based on the information you get, whereas the second choice is a gamble for the game. And more often than not, you’ll get the chance to come out D2 and complete your votes.

I really don’t get why everybody is being so stubborn about how many people you’re voting.

You should not be confident - you have the same votes as someone who is openly acting like game throwing is the way to go for their meta.

I really thought I was signing up for a game where people were going to think critically about the right approach. That’s not what’s happening.

There’s two people slated to die right now that are in my POE, how does it not make sense for me to make two extra votes to maximize my chance of voting for two mafia?

Obviously I’d be considering it a bit more carefully if my extra two votes were deciding whether we killed three people or four, but they aren’t.

The only thing I’m really confused about this game is why Gtacc is apparently a universal townread, idk if I’m missing the boat or what but I don’t think he’s been particularly townie?

I don’t care about saving my life in this game. That’s not what it’s about. But what you are doing is providing cover for people to act irresponsibly because you think that you have the winning POE. It’s counterproductive.

And I also would bet right now that you don’t have 2 Scum in your votes. I don’t know about GTacc and you might have that one as the only one with a vote there, but I am almost sure you have Jake and I wrong, and so it would have to strictly be M2H and GTacc.

I don’t think I am? Explain to me how I am…I think it’s only irresponsible if four people are actually going to die right? Like if everyone makes four votes but only two people are gonna die, I don’t see a problem??

You’re gambling on none of the votes changing between now and end of day.

And instead of behaving optimally, you’re just doing what you want because you feel like it and right now don’t see the downside.

There isn’t a hammer so it’s not exactly gambling lol

If votes change between now and then I’ll act accordingly

You won’t have enough time to adjust because you’ve already provided cover for people to act the way you are.

I AM behaving optimally! Like I really don’t get your argument here, two people are going to die so I have my votes spread over to maximize my chances of hitting two scum

If votes change in such a way that three or four people are going to die, I’ll adjust accordingly.

I really don’t see the need to preemptively react to that tho?

Frankly it’s embarrassing that there’s really so many people that are happy with how this game is going. And Chess just meekly saying I don’t want to argue while admitting that I might have it right is downright laughable.