Ranked 2v7

Since you’ve been tunneling me throughout (and consistently voting me to end every day), revealing my alignment makes it obvious that you were the last Scum. I think it’s the smart play.

VOTE: Andresvmb

Sorry bud. I have 3 main things going against you here:

1. If M2H was scum, in a tie here, you always die. I was definitely ready to vote Urist today and M2H would take the hammer for the win.

2. Would Andres break my trust for a competitive game? Yes. The answer is yes. In this game apparently everyone is playing the opposite, and I was the only one who didn’t get the memo. I can expect Andres to make an exception for this game just to fork with me.

3. This game is entirely within Andres’s scum range. Better than usual, but definitely not outside his capability. The good news is, yes, I think highly of his scumgame. But this means his posts will be subject to higher scrutiny and situations like these. I think M2H’s play this game has been excellent, and if I were to consider him as an “average” player with an “average baseline”, the probability of him being a scum prodigy is just really quite low. I’m not going to take a 1% universe, I just accept the L and move on. Great advice.

4. I can totally blame Nanook/Chess POE too! Just kidding, I accept full responsibility for this decision, correct or wrong.

Okay, let’s get our gambling freak on!

1 Like

OH THANK GOD

Votecount as of post #1926

Andresvmb (2): M2H, MetalSonic
M2H (1): Andresvmb

@Andresvmb was mafia, town wins.

I really appreciate how hard everyone tried despite the system - there are clear issues with the current ranked system and so we’ll be shelving this one and announcing the new one later today or tomorrow.

Relative Rank:

Town:

1. @chesskid3: 5/6
  2. @M2H: 10/15
  3. @Nanook: 5/9
  4. @Urist: 5/12
  5. @MetalSonic: 6/15
  6. @JakeTheWolfie: 3/9
  7. @StarV: 1/6

Mafia (@Andresvmb @GTacc) :
Survived until D5.

town cries about rank a lot but if MS chose to lynch m2 instead of andres I got a free win with doing essentially nothing compared to andres and gain same points as he did

3 Likes

I mean you could say “No it is not possible to play extremely worse than your partner and win the game as mafia because your team would be bad in sum” but that’s obviously not true

New system encourages town coop a lot more but on the mafia side I don’t see how to correlate rating with “how long did you survive” without making people really salty about bussing. Feels like granting you same rating as andres is the lesser evil long term.

Also happy birthday!

3 Likes

Also yeah you probably can’t have bussing and surviving longer together unless like “you get equal points if your partner votes and busses you but first to die gets less points if your partner didn’t vote you” idk sth like that

Good Lordy that’s all from me for ranked.

1 Like

Thanks for giving me hammer and trusting in me at the crucial moment @M2H and I’m sorry about getting pocketed by Andres.

Andres played an excellent game and bringing him to 3P Lylo maximizes Gtacc and Andres’s points while also doing so for the town who voted him consistently throughout the game.

I’m perfectly fine with my own points being tanked as long as others get more.

1 Like

Final ratings for this system for people with 3 or more games:

PLAYERS
Nanook 1891
M2H 1870
chesskid3 1680
Andresvmb 1593
Seththeking 1591
Urist 1586
Jakethewolfie 1489
GTacc 1474
StarV 1407
1 Like

“Hey gtacc is obvscum BUT IMA VOTE CHESS”

it’s hard yeah.

1 Like

Idea: Players gain points based on how many town voted them at EoD if they are lynched, because we apparentlg can’t have nice things like a cooperative fucking town.

well that ended about the best that I could hope for. gj @MetalSonic for making the hard but right call in the end. shoutout to @chesskid3 for making me never have to rely on my own reads this game.

1 Like

I mean for all the bitching…we did cooperate enough to firm up a POE amd this game shouldn’t have gone past D3, D4 at most :woman_shrugging:

(Also this was clearly the best ranking system we’ve ever had)

(I’m not biased)

(Not even a little bit)