Ranked 2v7

New system encourages town coop a lot more but on the mafia side I don’t see how to correlate rating with “how long did you survive” without making people really salty about bussing. Feels like granting you same rating as andres is the lesser evil long term.

Also happy birthday!

3 Likes

Also yeah you probably can’t have bussing and surviving longer together unless like “you get equal points if your partner votes and busses you but first to die gets less points if your partner didn’t vote you” idk sth like that

Good Lordy that’s all from me for ranked.

1 Like

Thanks for giving me hammer and trusting in me at the crucial moment @M2H and I’m sorry about getting pocketed by Andres.

Andres played an excellent game and bringing him to 3P Lylo maximizes Gtacc and Andres’s points while also doing so for the town who voted him consistently throughout the game.

I’m perfectly fine with my own points being tanked as long as others get more.

1 Like

Final ratings for this system for people with 3 or more games:

PLAYERS
Nanook 1891
M2H 1870
chesskid3 1680
Andresvmb 1593
Seththeking 1591
Urist 1586
Jakethewolfie 1489
GTacc 1474
StarV 1407
1 Like

“Hey gtacc is obvscum BUT IMA VOTE CHESS”

it’s hard yeah.

1 Like

Idea: Players gain points based on how many town voted them at EoD if they are lynched, because we apparentlg can’t have nice things like a cooperative fucking town.

well that ended about the best that I could hope for. gj @MetalSonic for making the hard but right call in the end. shoutout to @chesskid3 for making me never have to rely on my own reads this game.

1 Like

I mean for all the bitching…we did cooperate enough to firm up a POE amd this game shouldn’t have gone past D3, D4 at most :woman_shrugging:

(Also this was clearly the best ranking system we’ve ever had)

(I’m not biased)

(Not even a little bit)

I think if chesskid is able to say “we are voting exactly andres” on d2 a day off of deadline and we could consolidate on him, this win would have been a lot smoother.

I mean, he did give a 3 person POE, we killed one D2, then on D3 we…killed me for some reason, with Andres semi-outing to make it happen?

Like there’s zero reason for that to be a rational play, regardless of whether you’re playing to rank or playing to win :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

@Ellibereth I advise you not to reveal the ranking system that you will use, for if it is a ruler, the players will warp it.

Nah I’m very confident the new one will work.

Even if it does work, I still advise it to be hidden to delay the possibility of abuse.

I want abuse to happen as soon as possible if it’s possible.

4 Likes

Don’t consume too much of your steamed plays, now.

nah I appreciate when you guys fuck with stuff. I’d rather have this happen now than with malicious actors when we have money events and the like.

1 Like

addendum: fucking stuff that I already know is broken and in the process of fixing is different, don’t exploit old bugs find new ones :stuck_out_tongue: