Ranked 2v7

It’s impossible to get that low of a rating unless you’re town.

someone must be feeling a little silly now :thinking:

Still impossible to get -131 as scum.

What are you talking about?

Oh you’re potentially actually confused: the computation used to order players in a game has nothing to do with the computation to generate ratings (other than to determine order).

Man I got punished too hard for that loss

Example to make that clear:

1 vs 1 game where two players each take an exam and then after seeing who did better or worse you apply Elo to their ratings.

Computation used to order players: Test scores
Computation used for rating: Elo

everyone above you has at least 1 first place. you don’t have any.

1 Like

So basically if someone plays so piss poorly that they are guaranteed last in the towns rating, but they still win over the mafia, the mafia gets extra fucked over?

The performance of any single town individual has no impact on how the mafia do. Mafia get + rating if they win, they at most break even if they lose (function of when last member survives).

If I as a town get -1000 elo, but the mafia still lose, is their elo lowered past -1000?

imma try to get to the top of the list by only participating in mafia wins

1. We’re not using Elo.
  2. Mafia rating movement’s computation is completely independent from town rating computation, it’s purely a function of game’s average rating, individual mafia member’s rating, the game result, and the time of last mafia death.
  1. Elo, rating, you know damn well what I meant.
  2. Then why not judge each individual mafia member by how well they did?

Bussing (as the busser) or otherwise encouraging the other mafia to be voted becomes optimal.

And that’s a bad thing because…?

It makes sense for town to have en element of sabotage between themselves if desired because of how their decisions are probabilistic, it does not make sense to have non-probabilistic decisions and ability to sabotage simultaneously.

Depends on my partner!