Needlessly Complicated Role PM - Mafia

Hey guys, you’re mafia! Feel free to make use of this topic to chat among yourselves at any time.

Sample Town Role PM

Current State

Faction

• 120 Power Tokens
  • 9 Income Rating

• Kill Strength - Level 3
  • Trading - Level 0
  • Blocks - Level 1
  • Income Rating - Level 1

proto

• 164 Power Tokens
  • 180,000 Priority Medallions
  • 0 Solar Credits
  • 7 Ether Crests
  • 5 Influence Markers
  • 0 Constitution Sigils

• 14 Income Rating
  • 2 Skill Gauge
  • 1 Athleticism
  • 1 Studiousness

• Ether Crest Income - Level 2
  • Influence Marker Income - Level 3
  • Skill Gauge - Level 0
  • Income Rating - Level 1

DoggoPlays

dead
  • 77 Power Tokens
  • 190,000 Priority Medallions
  • 12 Solar Credits
  • 2 Ether Crests
  • 1 Influence Markers
  • 0 Constitution Sigils

• 13 Income Rating
  • 2 Skill Gauge
  • 1 Athleticism
  • 1 Studiousness

• Ether Crest Income - Level 2
  • Influence Marker Income - Level 1
  • Skill Gauge - Level 0
  • Income Rating - Level 0

Nanook

dead
  • 11 Power Tokens
  • 75,000 Priority Medallions
  • 35 Solar Credits
  • 47 Ether Crests
  • 7 Influence Markers
  • 0 Constitution Sigils

• 8 Income Rating
  • 2 Skill Gauge
  • 1 Athleticism
  • 1 Studiousness

• Ether Crest Income - Level 0
  • Influence Marker Income - Level 1
  • Skill Gauge - Level 0
  • Income Rating - Level 0

@proto You drew the following cards for N0:

(Feat, Cost 6) Learn who targeted you. You won’t see players with higher priority.

(Feat, Cost 14) Give a Constitution Sigil to target player.

(Ritual) Increase Athleticism by x/12.

(Ritual) Increase Studiousness by x/12.

@DoggoPlays you drew the following cards for N0:

(Feat, Cost 6) Bus two players. The bus will not affect players with higher priority.

(Feat, Cost 15) Get a Constitution Sigil.

(Ritual) Gain x/18 Constitution Sigils.

@Nanook you drew the following cards for N0:

(Feat, Cost 2) Give fruit to target player.

(Feat, Cost 5) Track target player. Fails if they have higher priority.

(Ritual) Increase Studiousness by x/12.

What’s going on here? I haven’t read

:wink:

oh fuck I just read all therules and thought I was town. I am typing this BLINDLY without seeing WHO is on the mafia team.

I don’t want to know who is on the team. i ccouldn’t stop myself from looking and saw nannok, but idk who else.

KEEP ME BLIND.

someone else, decide my actions for me pls and ty.

@Urist since I know of nanook already, can I have a discord DM with just me and nanook and you? and let him tell me vague stuff without him revealing ho the rest of the scum team is to me?

NOOOOOOO the icon at the top of the PM has now spoiled me to who the other member of the team is.

R
I
P

1 Like

Fwiw I don’t think that’s particularly ethical, YMMV

I completely agree that YMMV, but uh there’s nothing unethical about not knowing your own scum team

kinda too late now though since I do know

I’m posting to say I’m here. Haven’t read rules or mechanics yet.

If I’m about to time out for night actions I trust Nanook to make the best mech play N0.

Need to do some irl stuff for a few hours.

Lulz and here I was hoping you’d carry the mechanics for us!

Urist just said day starts when he has valid actions in from everyone, so we should be fine for another 12ish hours if needed. Let’s figure something out tonight if you’re around, I haven’t really read mechanics or anything yet beyond a skim

I mean I kinda disagree tbh, I think in a game where scum team are supposed to know each other by GM design…it isn’t fair to have a separate chat setup to avoid finding out who your partners are.

Idk my thoughts on the matter are not fleshed out

Never played a setup like this with stats. This feels a bit like an RPG to me.

This is my second forum game.

I dont even really know what a N0 action would look like to submit as a template, let alone what a good one would look like.

Happy to join a discord group if that is allowed for us to chat.

also any idea how many day/night cycles a setup like this is expected to go for?

I think knowing who targetted me is pretty key to be able to fake claim cop or investigative role there is so I wanna blow 20k medallions on this.

Any thoughts on it?

so we need up upgrade factional Kill strength skill and maybe income for the long game. No idea what trading or block does since that wasnt explained in the main thread.

and we should use as many tokens as possible every night since they are all refunded into a pool anyway and we get a larger share back due to being mafia.

i think i lean on using all 100k medallions N1 instead of 20k, and using some to recharge medallions to 120k for next turn.

It is explained, at the bottom of the rules, I think it’s the very last thing in that post.
Trading allows your team to trade resources (power tokens, cards, etc) between yourselves. You can transfer any amount of a single resource type, and you can do that each night a number of times equal to the talent level.
Block allows your team to perform x blocks for free per night, where x is the lower number between the talent level and the number of remaining Mafia.

by DM design, all scum are supposed to know each other, but it is still a widely circulated but seldom used idea for certain scum players to not look at their role PMs so they don’t know who their scum team is and can act more like a towny.

got you, didnt see i can expand by clicking the triangle.

im in the discord chat now so suggest we keep this thread clean except for action confirms and use discord chat otherwise?

@Urist

I hope this is where I submit night actions, if not apologies in advance.

I use feat: see who checks me. (using 100k priority medallions)
I use feat: give constitution sigil to myself (Nanook if I cant self target)
I apply all other power tokens to purchasing priority medallion tokens for next night. (160k if I understand the mechanics correctly)
I use all 60 solar credits for this night.
I use 10 Ether crests for the upcoming day.
0 Influence markers used.

As for group factional, I assume we all need to agree but I think we should use everything there as well, including power tokens.

Everyone else starts on income rating 0. We all start on level 8, with 4 for factional. Thats 28 mafia vs 0 for town (with no upgrades). If town dont upgrade their income rating, we effectively steal their power tokens as they spend them. One strat that comes to mind is just hoarding all of the power tokens to starve town of feats later down the line. I think we should be upgrading income rating throughout the game.

yep this is the right place
couple things:
Priority Medallions are used on your action as a whole, so if you use a card and perform the scum kill, both would benefit.
Currently, since you only have 1 Athleticism and 1 Studiousness, you may only use one feat and one ritual per night.
You are correct that you can’t self-target.

Everyone has the same starting stats, town and mafia. So townies do start with 8 Income Rating.