M18 "Duels" Game Thread

Welcome to M18 “Duels”.

This game is brought to you by the Chief Delphi community and will be run by myself, @gellnick. This game will contain a new mechanic, “duels”, which will be explained below. There are no restrictions on who can join this game with respect to being formed for a subsection of this community, but it has been known that the post count can get quite high (~5k posts total in the game).

Rules: From Chief Delphi

1: Screw the Chief Delphi forum rules.

2: Be respectful to the hosts and your fellow players. Attacking other players in a personal manner is strictly forbidden.

3: Don’t throw the game. Always play with the intent of helping your faction win.

4: Don’t be inactive. If you do not post meaningfully within 24 hours or at least five times in any given phase, you will be prodded. Receiving two prods or failing to respond to a prod within 12 hours will result in your removal from the game. Attempts to “prod dodge” by barely meeting this limit are discouraged. Prods will occur via DM or Discord DMs (if needed) in order to keep clutter out of the game thread.

5: Do not discuss the game outside of the game. Anywhere. It’s not worth it.

6: No editing content or deleting posts for any reason without express moderator permission. Ninja edits to correct grammer or spelling are fine.

7: No posting after the majority is reached or at night. Repeated or egregious failure to comply will result in your removal from the game.

8: Do not quote/screenshot private host messages. They’re private for a reason. If the mod needs to clarify anything, they will do so themselves.

9: Angle Shooting is strictly prohibited. This involves any and all methods outside of the game thread that may help determine a player’s alignment, including your own. If this occurs accidentally, DM the hosts. If this occurs intentionally, it may be considered cheating.

10: Keep the thread clean of outside influence. Dead players cannot interact with those alive in any way, including liking posts in the game thread, or voting in polls. Living players, likewise, should direct all questions to the hosts through DMs, rather than just pinging them in the thread. No vote counts will be given by the dead, nor will they end the day.

11: Do not edit the OP for any reason without host permission. If you believe you can make a positive contribution, DM the hosts first.

12: It’s a game - have fun!

Roles:

Town:
7 VANILLA TOWN
1 FRUIT VENDOR

Mafia:
3 MAFIA GOON

Duels

DUELS are a new mechanic.

Every player can shoot. The first shot any player makes in a day will go through, but any shots made afterward will be ignored, including shots made by other players. Shots can only be made during the day.

Both Town and Mafia are able to shoot, but any shot that hits a player whose alignment is Town will die. Any player whose shot hits Mafia will live, and the Mafia will die.

ALL OTHER GAME FEATURES ARE STILL IN EFFECT, SUCH AS DAY ELIMINATIONS AND MAFIA NIGHTKILLS.

Links:
Day 1 Start
@chesskid3 shoots @ejjinami
Day 1 End, Ellibereth died

Notes

If a certain time hasn’t happened yet, there may be a placeholder as well as a random link.
I am not responsible for any consequences of clicking on said links.

outdated links

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6klYe733MU

1 Like

M18 will start on 2021-06-02T17:00:00Z.

If you have not recieved your role card yet, please let me know ASAP.
Again, if you would like a different starting time or cycle length, DM me.
If enough people DM me and request a new starting time or cycle length, I will change it.

Shots are fired publicly, and are immediately effective.

To shoot, type

/shoot [player]

Please use some sort of big bold text, and ping me as well in the same post if possible.

M18 has now started.

GO!
I know it’s 5 min early

2 Likes

Hi

Bye

Oh shoot I forgot this was starting

@REM should I do it again

Actually I have 3 minutes

Hi orange and black 5

No I will kill you

But how

If I do it you won’t be able to

Anyways sulit how are you feeling about this game

!!!

Angry this is the 10 th time in a row I’ve rolled town

Hello, hello, hello; I am here and ready to talk and also vote I guess.

VOTE: NoElim

1 Like

Oh hi Quin!

Didn’t realize you were in

Ok bye be back in 3 hours

If you said happy I was gonna shoot you ngl

Yep I am here.

1 Like