M18 "Duels" Game Thread

:partying_face:

Okay, so basically, here’s what I’m thinking.

I know like, three of you, so I’m probably going to be a bit awkward in this game. It’s totally fine for you to scumread me off of that, however, I wrote this guide just to give us a lil’ bit of guidance for this game.

Introductions, first - I’m Aelin, I come from Forum of Lies. You can call me Aelin, Lin, Light, uh “girl with the fox pfp”, totally up to you so long as I know you’re talking to me. I use she/her pronouns, and overall I’m pretty chill unless you start getting on some of my eight trillion nerves.

Part #1 - Don’t Waste The Gun

I am playing this setup as 8v3 mountainous, mainly. We should acknowledge that duels are essentially group TOWN killpower, and it should be utilized in such a way that benefits the town.

The urge to shoot for fun may be overpowering. I’m asking you to resist it. Lord knows I want to take stupid shots just because I have the power to.

Please, don’t.

The wolves are usually going to want to stay away from the gun. This is due to the fact that if a wolf is forced to shoot, no matter what, a wolf is flipping. So, this is the exact situation we want to force. Makes sense, right?

Part #2 - Making Reads & Using The Gun

Normal scumhunting tactics work here. Phases are 36/12 iirc, so what we should be doing is pushing for a consensus PoE by 24 hours into the day. Day 1 it can be pushed back a little, but we want at least two in-contention slots before 24 hours have passed in general.

The reason for this is simple - we want one PoE slot to shoot the other. This has exactly two outcomes - we hit a wolf, and that’s a wolf dead and a PoE slot that hasn’t supremely changed, but like, still shot a wolf lol. Or, we have one dead town PoE slot, and one lockclear previously PoE slot. Unless I’m getting the mechanics wrong…

Even if a PoE slot shoots someone and they flip wolf, that PoE slot is not entirely clear. I know, I know, this sucks - you just shot a wolf! How could you not be clear? But the fact of the matter is, this should be our expectation - one PoE shoots another PoE, and if one of them is a wolf, it absolutely doesn’t matter anymore. If the wolf is shooting, they might shoot a top town to give no free townclears - in which case, a wolf still flips, but it’s all just a matter of WiFoM (wine in front of me, basically just infinite contradictions/never a clear answer to something.) for the other PoE slot.

Alternatively, if there are two wolves in the PoE, which is the optimal scenario, if one is being forced to shoot the other, shooting outside of the PoE is not optimal because then it is just brought back to “why didn’t they shoot the other member of the PoE?”, which is the antithesis to the above. Seeing as there is no clear answer to this without TMI, we will have to assume that we can not supremely clear anyone based on shooting a wolf.

Again, I know, if you’re the PoE slot, this sucks. But you have to go along with the plan. You might want to hero shoot. Maybe you supremely TR the other wagon, and you don’t want to die - so you go “hey, screw this - hero shot time!”

NO NO NO.

Do not do this. If you shoot your counterwagon, the worst case scenario is that you die, but prevent a misexecute on someone that you correctly were townreading, allowing the town to retreat and review on the game and come back stronger. Better case, you have just killed a wolf. Yeah, you’re still semi-PoE, and, yeah, it sucks, but you’ve helped town. this feels like wartime propaganda lmao

Alternatively, if you hero shoot, there’s, yeah, a chance that you hit a wolf. But there’s also a comparatively higher chance that you’ve just shot a townie, got yourself killed, and the only way you’ve helped town is by getting rid of some deepwolf paranoia.

So, please, don’t, unless you secretly know they’re the fruit vendor or something.

Worst case scenario -

Day 1 - Misshoot 7v3

Day 1 - Misexe 6v3

Night 1 - Nightkill 5v3

Day 2 - Misshoot 4v3

Day 2 - Misexe 3v3 Parity wolves win

I would like to avoid the above as much as possible :blue_heart:

Part #3 - Have Fun!

This is, in the end, a game! I promise I’m not this uptight normally, although this was written post-rand, so take of that what you will. I really want to be everyone’s friend, and hope we can have a fun and enjoyable game of mafia together!

3 Likes

Who are you, Marshal?

Like you literally shot somebody who hadn’t spoken yet last game

I haven’t the faintest idea what you’re talking about
(also I was scum that game that I have no knowledge of)

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 2000000000 hours unless flagged)

Hi

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 2000000000 hours unless flagged)

3 Likes

I agree
This is what any mafia should be doing

1 Like

2 Likes

Wait laser are you even playing this game? You are not on the alive list?

1 Like

Good luck

Which test

Uh

Huh

LOL he isn’t

How are you even able to post my guy (don’t answer that)

The controversy starts early, I see.
FoS on orange for evidently reading my post and deciding to not say anything about it other than “didn’t you instashoot last game”

Ah yes because I always comment on and follow others’ start of game plans

Like what

You have nothing to say about it? Don’t agree or disagree?

Last game I read that shit and immediately popped a cap in some noob’s ass

What are you talking about

… I assume by last game you mean Burnt Tail?