M16 Empire Chat

Please reply with two numbers between 1 and 15 according to the drafting rules.
  • Once alignments have been dealt out, each player must pick two whole numbers (this is because someone tried to pick pi last time), between 1 and 15.

The player to pick the first unique number closest to 1 will be first in the draft order. However, if several players pick the same first number, they will all go to the bottom of the draft order. Then I would move on to the next lowest number (in this case, 2) and the same rules apply. If no other player has picked 2 as their first number, then the person who picked 2 will become first in the draft order. This continues until I get to 21 players.

Now, the second number is used to determine who goes first, in the event of players picking the same first number. The lowest number of the second number goes first and so on. In the event players picked the same two numbers, I will once again reset them to the back of the queue (for the order they are in). In the event that your first and second numbers both clash with another player’s numbers, you both go straight to the bottom of the order. So, if three players picked [4][1], [4][1] and [4][7], the two players with [4][1] are bumped below the player that picked [4][7] along with the original bump. Ultimately, the most unique number combination will get priority.

• Here is an example draft:

Lets say the following players choose the following numbers.

Player A - [4][14]
Player B - [1][12]
Player C - [1][6]
Player D - [7][8]
Player E - [3][4]
Player F - [7][8]
Player G - [7][15]

Players B and C both picked 1. They go to the back of the queue. Player E is the next lowest # and the only one that picked 3. He/She goes first. Then player A since He/She is the only one to pick 4. Then Player D would have been next with 7 ahead of B and C, but Player’s F and G also picked 7 so they both go behind Players B and C.

Current Order: Bolded players are locked into position.

Player E
Player A

Player B
Player C
Player D
Player F
Player G

Now I just resolve Players B, C, D,F and G. Between B and C, I look at the second #. B has a 12, C has a 6. So C gets to pick before B.

Current Order: Bolded players are locked into position.

Player E
Player A
Player C
Player B

Player D
Player F

Now between D,F and G they all picked the same 1st numbers [7][?]. So I look at the second number to determine their order. Player G has a different number [7] [15] whereas D and F both have [7][8]. Same rule as before and G gets to pick before D and F.

Player E
Player A
Player C
Player B
Player G

Player D
Player F

In the case of D and F I do a discobot roll to determine who goes first since they have the same 2 numbers. For arguments sake lets say F got a 1 and D got a 3 on a dice roll. F goes before D.

Player E
Player A
Player C
Player B
Player G
Player F
Player D

note: In the case of ties it doesn’t matter how many people picked the same #. If 3 people picked [3][ ] and 2 people picked [7][*] where * is any arbitrary number 3s go before 7s. The order isn’t reset AGAIN per tie.

Simple right? Of course this is all done to create mind traps between Scum and Town for picking #s. Remember once this phase is done you will know what yout draft position. You just wont know what anyone elses draft position is or what roles got picked.

• Once this has happened, each player will send in the “role pair” they’d like to choose thier role from. Only one role from each “pair” will be awarded, for example; there cannot be a Doctor and a Roleblocker in the game.
  • As such, in the event multiple players select the same role (or the same “pair”), the player highest in the draft order wins the role, whilst the others remain Vanilla.
  • Roles are then distributed.
  • Throughout the bidding phases, the thread is locked, however, the Empire may collude privately during this time and then again throughout the day.
2 Likes

Heck yesssss

2 Likes

Darth Squirrel and Darth Groot…
This is gonna be interesting

2 Likes

[sith squirrel noises]

3 Likes

Opinions on picking strategy?

oh wow I’m a wolf

(aaa)

1 Like

okay well

I have opinions on roles

Night 3 Vig/Vengeful

this is good, we can basically turn it into free KP if one of us gets voted out

Motion Detector OR Illusioner

MD is useless, Illusioner is basically a 1-shot vig and a chance to make someone look guilty to a tracker (which is good)

Alignment Cop OR Tracker

this sucks, the only reason to choose this is so town can’t get it (it can’t even be used to traitor hunt)

3-shot Commuter OR 3-shot Watcher

marginally more useful than A-cop/Tracker (can find PRs, and Commuter has some utility) but not, like, good

Doctor OR Roleblocker

roleblocker is always a decent scum PR, + it would keep the Doctor out of town’s hands, not an amazing choice but a solid one

Universal Backup OR Rolecop

another solid choice

Neighborizer OR Fruit Vendor

the meme role

let town have the meme role

Jailkeeper OR Tracker

Jailkeeper seems fine but not great, basically a worse RB, Tracker is pretty useless

Pardoner OR Veteran

this role is great on scum and useless on town, fortunately we’re scum

1 Like

basically I would rank them as

great

Pardoner
Vengeful
Illusioner

decent

Roleblocker
UB/Rolecop

not bad

Jailkeeper
3-shot Commuter

lol

Acop/tracker
Neighborizer/fruit vendor

@gellnick

Does the Separatist guess resolve immediately when it happens, or at the end of the night?

A list for town would probably look something like this:

great
acop/tracker

good
jailkeeper/tracker
commuter/watcher
doc/rber

not bad
vig/vengeful
ub/rcop
neighborizer/fv

uh
pardoner/vet
md/illusioner

vig/vengeful would probably move up or down depending on the actual player involved

so I think they (probably) wouldn’t try to get pardoner/vengeful/illusioner first, so we should have a decent shot at those

if I were town I’d consider picking a scum PR just to keep it out of their hands, but fortunately I’m not town

Great

Neighborizer / Fruit vendor

why the heck would we pick this*

A cop tracker
Jail keep tracker
Commuter watcher
Dock roleblocker
Vig vengeful
Ub rolecop
Pardoner vet
Md illusioner

1 Like

Just my honest opinion

1 Like

What’s the * for?

I may or may not have been typing on mobile so I did 2 * before and after but didn’t realize I had an extra after :joy:

1 Like

It resolves at the end of the night, so the Separatist will join the Empire at SOD.

2 Likes

What do you mean, the Fruit Vendor is a genuinely useful role.
You can give other players free bananas!

2 Likes

Oh also for reference, here’s the drafting and pick position of the game that this setup is based on:

About half of the players in this game played in the game too - erickline, myself, jkbear, GKB, erich, ari, orange, flash, kaylee, and bep were there (clonedcheese, cattypaws, Arete, laserlab, 000peo, quin and gtacc weren’t)

1 Like

what do i count as?

Same as ruthjp, spork, mink, mascot, twoandahalf, kaitlyn, oro, mika, james, quack, and snowman - a player who played in last game but not in this game

1 Like