Look at the Animals Mafia [SCUM Win!]

But, I think it is. I don’t envy you, Urist. lylo is nervewracking.

Are you scum? You can tell me I won’t change my vote promise

I’m town.

For real???

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Metal Sonic was lynched. He was town. The game has ended in a SCUM victory—congratulations to Urist!

Role PMs and such will be shared here when I get around to it.

I will say I was very disappointed with the way a certain person acted this game, and was this close to calling it early due to vitriol in the thread. There’s an acceptable level of trolling and then there’s just being a dick, and this games LYLO came extremely close to that line.

@Animals

Congrats, Urist.

You’re on my “holy shit” list until further notice, though!

2 Likes

Better than a shit list I guess. :stuck_out_tongue:
I feel so bad about this last day. I asked Nanook whether I could just hammer and get it over with, and that’s when he posted the End Day thing. If I could have ended it sooner I would have!!

The end game thing was a siren call to me, too.

Your play was scary-good. You did get a free ride for the way you (silently) claimed Eagle after I acknowledged the mod PM on day 1, but there really wasn’t much to nitpick about your play.

Apologies to Katsuki and Elli for misreading you!

I hope you’re not talking about me. I was just trying my best to look town and not lose the game in the last few hours.
You should definitely allow majority lynch, or final votes, in your future games.

There was nothing wrong with how you played this day, Urist. I lost my cool a couple times, but I was extremely tilted by MS.

He would have had to been willing to look back at the game as a whole for us to have had even a chance of catching you. I demonstrated my willingness to rethink, even though I laid out how I thought this day was going to go in my first Day 4 post.

1 Like

You played really well yourself. The reason for why I put in so much effort this lylo is because I was deathly frightened that if I started slacking, you and MS would catch on.
I had a lot of fun playing with you, and look forward to the next game. Hopefully we’re on the same team next time!

I hope so too!

1 Like

Not talking about you at all—you did what you had to.

I likely won’t—it seems silly to me to play the whole game with plurality then have a hammer in LYLO. That’s why an End Day vote is allowed.

Does this ever get taken advantage of in LYLO?

In the plurality games I used to play, there was a “final vote” mechanic, where (on any day) if a majority of players said their vote was final, the day ended. The downside was that once you called your vote “final” you couldn’t change it any more in the face of new data.

All I’m saying is that I think the end day vote shouldn’t require unanimity, since the person being voted shouldn’t ever accept defeat. If the two other people say they aren’t gonna change their minds, why bother dragging it out?

That’s reasonable, and I may make that tweak for the next game I run.

It does on my home site quite frequently. It’s led us to both losses and wins, but yeah, final day voting tends to often be just as fluid as the rest of the game.

(Don’t forget to change the thread title!)